I have breast cancer. :-(((

Wonderful news. I'm sure that your great attitude helps, too.

You sound like Iron Woman, one week out of major surgery and already on the [-]torture[/-] exercise machines!

Amethyst

Got clearance to try the stationary bike today - trying to gradually build up my endurance. Amazing how much major surgery can zap you, no matter how fit you are pre-surgery. I had to sit down and was out of breath just walking from the entry way to the elevator in the doc's building. Prior to surgery I could dance 2 hours straight. Crazy! It will come back, I just need time to slowly build back up.

Amazing how much major surgery can zap you, no matter how fit you are pre-surgery. I had to sit down and was out of breath just walking from the entry way to the elevator in the doc's building. Prior to surgery I could dance 2 hours straight. Crazy! It will come back, I just need time to slowly build back up.

Absolutely it will take awhile to come back and probably longer than you think but it will come back and you will dance for two hours again .:):)

You sound like Iron Woman, one week out of major surgery and already on the [-]torture[/-] exercise machines!

Amethyst

LOL, I figure it will really help ease the post-lipo soreness in my quads..."therapizing" myself! However I must confess that I opted for a nap this afternoon instead of the bike. :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely it will take awhile to come back and probably longer than you think but it will come back and you will dance for two hours again .:):)

Thank you for the encouragement!!!! :D

You go simple girl..! It sometimes takes your body a month to get over the anesthesia. After all you were under over 6 hours. So please don't get discouraged if it takes a bit longer than you want it to take. :)

Great report for you all!

Well, I saw the plastic surgeon yesterday morning, and all is progressing very well! Then we flew home yesterday afternoon - I got a wheelchair and DH totally enjoyed getting to push me around and make me nuts with his antics. He also thoroughly enjoyed getting on the plane first and going through the special security gate. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Even better news...
Just found out the pathology came back as nothing invasive! The posterior margin was a bit close to the pec muscle, but doc says it should be fine. Will be getting a second opinion on the path from my doc here in Alabama to be sure, though. Assuming they agree, I shouldn't need any chemo or radiation...all that will be left to do is finish up my reconstruction surgeries and get back to living life!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Showered by myself for the first time today with no problem, and I climbed the stairs for the first time with no problem. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news, SG! As hard as it is, don't push yourself too hard too soon...

Well, I saw the plastic surgeon yesterday morning, and all is progressing very well! Then we flew home yesterday afternoon - I got a wheelchair and DH totally enjoyed getting to push me around and make me nuts with his antics. He also thoroughly enjoyed getting on the plane first and going through the special security gate. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Even better news...
Just found out the pathology came back as nothing invasive! The posterior margin was a bit close to the pec muscle, but doc says it should be fine. Will be getting a second opinion on the path from my doc here in Alabama to be sure, though. Assuming they agree, I shouldn't need any chemo or radiation...all that will be left to do is finish up my reconstruction surgeries and get back to living life!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Showered by myself for the first time today with no problem, and I climbed the stairs for the first time with no problem. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful! So glad to read your post today. Things are really looking up!

cj said:
don't push yourself too hard too soon...

+1 I agree so much. With all you've been through, you need to watch yourself and not get too exhausted.

You would never normally be saying that the news you got is good, however given that you don't need chemo or radiation, in this case I think it is excellent news.

Good luck with your further recovery.

That's great news all around SG!! Good for you! :) Having this over and being back home must be such a relief.
Thanks for the update.

That's the best news I've heard all week. Way to go, SUPER girl!
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom