I Think I May Never Look The Same At Gatorade

Prep is the same as last time, Dulcolax pills, Gatorade/Miralax, followed by a magnesium citrate chaser 4 hours before the procedure. That citrate really hurt the old behind more so than the other stuff, so definitely not looking forward to that again. I'll try the baby wipes and see if that helps.

My prep was called Trilyte (I think). It came all inclusive as a mix in a large jug - just add water. I drank 3/4 of the jug on day one and the remaining 1/4 on day of the procedure. No additional pills or anything. I guess there is more than one way to empty a colon.

I hope this occult blood thing is no big deal, but I'm not going to worry about it until the Dr tells me otherwise. I also had to pay in advance, but my out of pocket was only $48.

Turns out I had some internal hemorroids and 3 small polyps. So probably won't need another one for 5 more years. Prep, although the same as last time didn't seem as bad. I bought some baby wipes, but didn't need them. Also, was surprised that I woke up before they even wheeled me out of the procedure room and felt like I could have immediately done a 100 yd dash:D.

Back
Top Bottom