• I'm a girl and would like to lose 5 to 10 pounds

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • I'm a girl and would like to lose 10 to 20 pound

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I'm a girl and would like to lose over 20 pounds

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The weight fairy comes to you and allows you have your ideal weight loss. What would it be?

I'm female, 5'7" and like to stay under 130. (I weighed 131 at HS graduation.) Two days ago at the blood bank they weighed me, with shoes, and I was 128.8. I don't need no stinkin' weight loss fairy. ;-)

It does take careful eating and daily workouts, though.

Athena, I'm worried about you as you have offended the weight loss fairy. ;)

I think maybe you answered before I got the poll questions submitted.

I'm impressed with your answer though. I've probably put on 5 pounds in the last 13 years or so. Not a big deal but I'd like to remove them ideally.

Last edited:
I've already lost 25-30 (fluctuate quite a bit at all weights) in the past year as part of prepping for retirement. Down to my rugby playing weight.... Not really interested in losing weight, but will do so if I can't get it rearranged like it was in those days!

E.T.A.--so I didn't answer the pole, as it all depends!

I'm with Athena. 5'7", very small boned, and best weight is about 128-130. I weighed 125 in highschool/college.

It's work, as Athena said, but I'm at the "right" weight for my height. Honestly, if you are fully able, it is no more work or deprivation than the LBYM we all love to practice. In fact, maintaining correct weight helps with LBYM.

I weighed 120 in college but that took a lot of work. At this age, too, if you lose too much your face starts to look haggard (Tom Wolfe once used the phrase "society skeletons") so I'm not working to lose any more.

Just a few pounds extra, but they are indeed "loose" so I would like to lose them.

I weighed 120 in college but that took a lot of work. At this age, too, if you lose too much your face starts to look haggard (Tom Wolfe once used the phrase "society skeletons") so I'm not working to lose any more.
Yes, I have to remind myself not to get obsessive about this stuff. I have this little bulge above the belt that is not really visible in public. So I could have answered "just right" but answered "loose 5 to 10 pounds". :facepalm: :)

Not enough poll options. If I saw the weight fairy, I'd tell him/her to go away and send the muscle fairy. If the muscle fairy arrived, I'd ask for another 10-20lbs.

An aside: I think people often say "weight loss" when they mean "fat loss". "Weight" will go up according to the bathroom scale when you're adding muscle -- and that's a good thing! Unfortunately it's difficult to lose fat without losing some muscle, and that's not such a good thing. :( Fortunately adding muscle makes it easier for our bodies to burn fat, and that's a good thing. :)

When I was younger the weight fairy was my friend, always around and helping out. Now she won't return my calls.

He may have refined it to the term "social xrays" in Bonfire of the Vanities, which is such a perfect description, of which I am not one.

Fortunately adding muscle makes it easier for our bodies to burn fat, and that's a good thing. :)

So true. When I was 30 I was heavy enough that BMI said I was fat but I had a waist of 31 inches. I was lifting pretty heavy at the time - over 400 pounds in the deadlift and squat - and could really eat just about anything. Unfortunately, I'm not that man anymore but since I've retired I've been using the local gym to regain some of that muscle mass.

I'm female, 5'7" and like to stay under 130. (I weighed 131 at HS graduation.) Two days ago at the blood bank they weighed me, with shoes, and I was 128.8. I don't need no stinkin' weight loss fairy. ;-)

It does take careful eating and daily workouts, though.

You are just about exactly the height and weight of my DW.

I could lose 5 lbs maybe.

Things are loose enough as is... but I could stand to lose some weight.

I guess spelling is hard too. :D

Just wish the fairy would move what I have from butt & gut to chest & biceps.

I've been wanting to lose 5 to 10 for a decade and occasionally get there, but it creeps back. At 5'9" I was 148 on the scale this morning but I have a light frame and was in the low to mid 130's in college. At 21 I was struggling to get to 145 because the employer had that as a minimum weight requirement. On weigh-in day the scale stopped at 144.75 and luckily the doc said "I'll give you the quarter pound". Whew!

One time when I was bemoaning how hard it was to gain weight, my older sister said "I hate you. You skip a meal and lose 5 lbs, but if I so much as look at a piece of cake I gain 5." It wasn't far from the truth.

Graduated HS at 157. Tried to gain weight freshman year to add muscle when trying to make the lightweight crew team. Was not successful in either endeavor.

Weight has been stable for years at a time then jumps 5-10 pounds, usually as a result of stress eating. Gained about 15 pounds in 1995 when I started working at a job which had Friday donuts. Gained about 15 pounds in 2006 when I got divorced. Gained about 10 pounds last year when my Mom was dying. At about 212 now. Don't remember when I added the rest.

5'10", so would like to be 184. I guess that makes it 28 pounds for the fairy to haul off. Yikes.

I just wish my belly button wasn't now between my nipples.....or, that I could take a hot sit down bath with the water up to my perky breasts, and not only have 1 inch of water in the tub*.

* From a Golden Girls episode...I always cracked up when I heard that!!!!

Kidding!!!! I'm not perfect weight, but I'm not a candidate for "My 600 Pound Life" either, which it seems a LOT of relatively young people today seem on their way to achieving. I found the use of high heels and pants that are long enough seems to disguise my imperfect areas. My weight always went on "all over", so no pear or apple shape (yet....!).

Just some drooping!!!!

I'm male, 6'2", 164 lb, about where I was at 22. Since I discovered HFLC eating, it's pretty easy to maintain that weight. What I'd really like is to put on muscle like I did in my 20s and get back to my peak of ~180.

Back
Top Bottom