Issues of Aging, Housing, and Social Happiness

I marvel at the ability of octogenarians & nonagenarians to refer to others as "old people"...

Husband and I are reviewing our health care directives and medical power of attorneys. We changed our state of residence so wanted to make sure they are compliant. During the course of researching this I found that Oregon has a POLST process where a patient and physician together prepare a document which is entered into a system available to first responders, EMTs, and hospitals that operates like a health care directive. Patients and Families

Oregon POLST Registry

An elegant solution to a very frustrating issue. I can't tell you how many times I have had intubated, resuscitated patients delivered to the ER only to find out that they had very clear wishes against such interventions on a POLST that wasn't readily available.

DD

An elegant solution to a very frustrating issue. I can't tell you how many times I have had intubated, resuscitated patients delivered to the ER only to find out that they had very clear wishes against such interventions on a POLST that wasn't readily available.

DD

This system was evidently created as a result of an incident involving a beloved Portland lady whose MedPOA representatives were unavailable. As I read between the lines her heirs provided the resources to help this happen.

Yes, Grandma definitely did it right. Great rolemodel in these and many other aspects. It was hard to watch the choice she made that final year. But, I understood why she made it.

You hit on the reason for her success.
- Keeping active and helping others.

- Knowing it is time to go.

Back
Top Bottom