Need advice on buying new bike for DW

Last weekend we bought the Giant Cypress, a "comfort bike," and she loves it. I also treated her to a nice pair of women's bike shorts for that padding to make it even more comfortable. We've biked twice so far, and I've made sure to let her be in front and set the pace. So far, so good!

Last weekend we bought the Giant Cypress, a "comfort bike," and she loves it. I also treated her to a nice pair of women's bike shorts for that padding to make it even more comfortable. We've biked twice so far, and I've made sure to let her be in front and set the pace. So far, so good!
Well done.
+2. Riding bikes is one of the activities that DW & I still enjoy doing together...

Congrats!
Cycling can be enjoyable way to get some exercise and explore more territory than possible walking.

DW and I purchased a pair of Schwinn World Voyageur 21 speed bikes this spring. These are only available thru authorized dealers, you can't get them at the big box stores. These are really comfortable bikes with front suspension and seat suspension, and slightly larger tires which makes them perfect for the bike paths. They have fenders so you don't get splattered going thru a puddle. I really like the upright handlebars and a nice comfy seat. They also have aluminum frames so they are fairly light to lift up on the bike rack.

At first glance that looks VERY comfortable because of that back rest. But I think the most comfortable position for casual riding is leaning just a bit forward. We adjusted my wife's handlebars just a tad so that when she rides she is leaning ever so slightly.
I also have a bad back, albeit not to the extent of my wife. I have a Giant hybrid, and I have my seat and handlebars set so I lean forward more, but nowhere close to a racing style. Likewise, I find this very comfortable.
I'm not a bike expert (hence reason I started this thread), but I think in the long run that back rest might be counterproductive.

Congrats!
Cycling can be enjoyable way to get some exercise and explore more territory than possible walking.
Totally agree. Biking is a great passtime. We have bikes in both Alberta and Arizona. Mountain in Alberta naturally, road bikes in Arizona. Also like biking vacations.

Back
Top Bottom