We've dusted off our alarm clock!!

A great thing about being retired is being able to do exactly what suits you, and let's face it, we're all different. I used to resent that alarm going off at 5:30 every weekday because I had to earn a living, but now that I'm setting it by choice to do things I want to do, it's no problem :LOL:
Exactly!

One of the best things around here is the early morning light on all the beautiful flowering plants in my yard and all over the neighborhood. It's a lovely time to go for a walk or a bike ride. I don't want to miss it! That's why I set the alarm.

And in the morning if I decide that I want to sleep in - I do!

Audrey

Sheesh Alan, I feared the worst when I read the headline...that maybe you had to go back to w*rk to get your structure back!

Glad it is just to do what you want instead! I love the idea of riding the bike to the gym or the coffee shop for breakfast with DW...gonna have to do at when we finally pull the plug.

R

Sheesh Alan, I feared the worst when I read the headline...that maybe you had to go back to w*rk to get your structure back!

Glad it is just to do what you want instead! I love the idea of riding the bike to the gym or the coffee shop for breakfast with DW...gonna have to do at when we finally pull the plug.

R

We just bought a new bike for DW's birthday. While in England and Canada we hired bikes on 4 different occaisions and she found the type of bike and gears she really liked. We are now coming into the seasons here where we increase the frequency of our bike rides as the weather cools off.

Speaking of alarm clocks, I've found an excellent app for iPad called Magic Window. It plays time lapse video with audio of a scene of your choosing. I like to set my alarm for sunrise over a lake, with the waves gently lapping. It's a very relaxing way to start the day.

Last edited:
Speaking of alarm clocks, I've found an excellent app for iPad called Magic Window. It plays time lapse video with audio of a scene of your choosing. I like to set my alarm for sunrise over a lake, with the waves gently lapping. It's a very relaxing way to start the day.

How cool!

I thought of waves but went for birds. I'm still enjoying awakening to the sounds of birdsongs (on CD, played by my DreamMachine alarm clock instead of the usual buzzer).

The sweet morning songs of robins and sparrows awaken me ever so gently and put me in a great mood. You can listen to them on the amazon page for the CD, on track 1: Amazon.com: Songbirds: A Surround Sound Experience [SACD]: Dan Gibson: Music
I don't know why I love awakening this way so much! :) I know birdsongs annoy most people in the morning, but not me. I usually listen to the CD for 5-10 minutes before I get up.

Speaking of alarm clocks, I've found an excellent app for iPad called Magic Window. It plays time lapse video with audio of a scene of your choosing.
We have one of those outside of our bedroom window, but it's on its own timer...

Attachments

• Ko'olau sunrise.JPG
    Ko'olau sunrise.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 4
Great photo Nords! I have a pretty nice view too and love to wake to natural light, which is great at this time of year. However, as a w*rking chick, sometimes I have to get up before dawn, especially in December when I am catching 6 am flights!

Last edited:
Alan, thats and impressive workout schedule! Perhaps adding a Microsoft Project Plan to go with the alarm clock would provide an even greater level of structure for you two ex-engineers:LOL:

A great thing about being retired is being able to do exactly what suits you, and let's face it, we're all different. I used to resent that alarm going off at 5:30 every weekday because I had to earn a living, but now that I'm setting it by choice to do things I want to do, it's no problem :LOL:

This is so true! I did a sabbatical over the summer of 2010. It was amazing I'd get up on average at least an hour earlier than I did for work because there was so much fun to do. Besides I could always take a nap latter if needed!! lol. Sadly, retirement is a loooong ways off so I won't be doing it again anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom