Blockbuster?

I'm pretty sure that DISH purchased BlockBuster out of bankruptcy. They also just recently put the highest no-conditions bid in on Hulu.com, although there is no telling if they will win it. Google bid 4 billion but with conditions, DISH bid 1.9 billion with no conditions.

DISH is a stock I have been watching. They definitely want to get into the online video market and Netflix may be giving them a leg-up unintentionally. I think we could see a three way fight in the online video market, very soon, with Netflix, Amazon, and DISH. I think that Google, Apple, and Microsoft will be getting into that market as well at some point.

Blockbuster is closing all its Canadian stores. Disruptive technology, my friends. Why go out to the video store when you can download movies on your TV using pay per view or your PVR, or on your computer?

Google bought YouTube and they are after Hulu trying to corner the streaming video market. Once DISH start offering satellite broadband, I do believe they will be the company to be content with. You are correct ESR. Dish bought Blockbuster's assets in a bankruptcy auction five months ago. I would go long on DISH once there are sign of broadband offering.

I think Blockbuster has been trying for years to change it's business model.

IMHO, I'd stay away from Blockbuster.

It's only a matter of time before Apple, Google, Amazon, Netflix & others rule that market (some might even say it's already begun).

Here's the way I look at this sort of stuff. Who supplies all these companies with their stuff? Kinda like the 1849 gold rush. As I understand it, the gold miners hardly made any money. It was the brothels, saloons & hardware stores that did best.

Back
Top Bottom