DOW heading 20K !

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Who would have thunk and does anyone have the thread started earlier in the year predicting where the DOW might end 2016 ?

The way things are going I may have to rebalance before the end of 2016.

Looks like 20,000 (or higher) is a real possibility. Who would have thought that a month ago.

Wow, I have great hopes!

Those of us who calculate the withdrawal rate as a percentage of portfolio value on December 31st, could really make out nicely this time. :D

:dance: :clap: :dance:

Prediction - over the long haul, the markets will all move up.

:)

True that. The problem is they often went down a lot, and stayed down for many years before they go up again.

Up until the market crashed, was it not in an uptrend? Will it be different now? Up and never down ever again? A true "permanently high plateau" this time? :)

Yet my portfolio is roughly 2% off it's high earlier this year. Healthcare has taken a hit and my bond component has dragged it down a bit as well.

I love days like this, I cheer on all my stocks. GO TEAM GO! It's fun to watch. I know it can turn down tomorrow but I enjoy the stock market and I'm still in accumulation stage.

...I'm still in accumulation stage.
Stock up is good for people who are converting it to [-]bread[/-] caviar, Cognac, airfares, RVs, etc... People still accumulating should cheer for it to crash.

As long as certain Louisiana denizens keep their mouths shut and avoid the W word, we should be OK.
:angel:

Stock up is good for people who are converting it to [-]bread[/-] caviar, Cognac, airfares, RVs, etc... People still accumulating should cheer for it to crash.
I like cheering either way. Double the cheering is my idea of fun. :D :dance:
P.S. - - I'll be good! I promise, honest, I'll keep my mouth shut (maybe). :-X

Last edited:
Not just stocks going up every day. Everything is going up.

I've been putting new money into fixed income CEFs past few months and they had a small pull back a few weeks ago that I jumped on, and since then every day is up big time.

For CEFs currently own: PKO, DRA, PDT, UTG, HTD, NCV, DSL.

I got all but NCV and DSL "maxed out" during the brief pull back. I have a max size limit I will put into any investment. Wish I could have maxed out NCV as now in not longer sells at a discount. So I can't add any more to it. New money will go to DSL for now.

I'll admit that I am a little fearful at this recent run up. But even a 10% correction from the current level still leaves me with a comfortable portfolio, so I can live with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom