Sold all of my socks !

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes, it is that time of year, sold all of my socks and back into sandals and drinking margaritas.

I'm too conservative to sell mine. I put them in the dresser drawer for next Winter. And I drink year round.

Socks will rebound within the year. Shouldn’t you buy and hold?

Foolishness.

Nobody should own individual socks.

You need to buy an index of ALL the socks.

I'm keeping my Darn Good Socks. Other lesser quality socks may be sold or donated at a loss.

Does that make you a margarita timer?

I see what you did there... and I liked it!

I'm buy and hold on to my socks. It's still February and where I am I'd freeze my assets off if not for good socks.

Some people buy high-priced socks like Thurlow. I am opposite. I am a value sock buyer. I buy cheap socks and throw them away often when they turn holey.

Who's right?

I'm keeping my Darn Good Socks. Other lesser quality socks may be sold or donated at a loss.

Are those the ETF version of Darn Tough Socks?

...I'm buy and hold on to my socks...

Do you still hang on to them after they turn holey?

I believe in rotating my socks. Out with the worn out ones, in with the new.

Some people buy high-priced socks like Thurlow. I am opposite. I am a value sock buyer. I buy cheap socks and throw them away often when they turn holey.

Who's right?

I buy value socks and invest in the darn things when they get holey. My investments usually pay dividends.

Who's right?

After 12 years of wearing each of my Thorlos 1-2 times per week, I finally have a hole in one of them and another has an unattractive "run", such as nylon stockings get sometimes.

Time to drop them in great panic and buy, buy, BUY!! :eek: Maybe I should horde Thorlos so that I can make it through a future economic collapse, should one occur.

I don't care what any of you say, I'm not selling my scotch... oh, you said socks.. carry on then..

you know in some places it is appropriate to wear dark socks with sandals. So you should own appropriate socks this time of year... time to correct your allocation.

I see what you did there... and I liked it!

I'm buy and hold on to my socks. It's still February and where I am I'd freeze my assets off if not for good socks.

I have always been told that the proper thing to do is to Buy and Fold socks.

I don't understand why Frayne is telling us that he sold all of his socks. I think that he should carefully read, Fox in Socks, by Dr. Seuss and reevaluate.

I'll bet frayne is comfortable managing his socks without the expense of an advisor. He probably doesn't buy individual socks, either.

Last edited:
How much time of the day you are in socks or out?

I used to like my feet cold. No socks, unless I was wearing shoes. I did not even like to cover up my feet the few times I needed a blanket when sleeping. I would stick my feet out from the blanket. You can say that my sock allocation time was near 0%.

Then, with old age came dry skin and cracked heels, particularly in the winter with dry air. Even with lotion, which I did not care for as I thought that was for women but need it now as the cracks were painful, I have to wear socks around the clock. My sock allocation is now 100%.

See how one has to be flexible and adapt with changing conditions? Stubbornness can hurt, literally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom