Sold all of my socks !

When I moved to Florida I didn't sleep well at night with all the socks. Ever since I reduced the socks I own, I sleep much better. :)

Besides, with socks we have a bad sequence of runs risk. If a thread gets pulled early on, the whole sock can unravel and we would be left with bare feet.

Last edited:
I have got a good laugh from this thread. LOL

When I was growing up I remember that people actually fixed holes in socks. There was a tool that had a round end on it to use to sew up the sock.

It was living frugal in hard times.

Last edited:
When I moved to Florida I didn't sleep well at night with all the socks. Ever since I reduced the socks I own, I sleep much better. :)

Besides, with socks we have a bad sequence of runs risk. If a thread gets pulled early on, the whole sock can unravel and we would be left with bare feet.

No problem as we do not wear socks (and for the ladies Hose) in Florida.

Against my better judgement, I decided to short socks, time to take more risk. I’ll be dumping all my long socks in a few months.

Great thread BTW!

snickered over this thread last night and earlier this a.m. Where we live, socks get burned in a bonfire 'bout this time of year....

My Mom said that too. It always worried me.

But eventually I learned that they will still take you to the hospital - even if you aren't wearing good underwear! Who knew?
I went to.the hospital wearing the wrong socks. They treated me but I explained I must be really sick for wearing those socks. The doc who was telling me I was having a transient global amnesia attack just smiled as I confirmed his diagnosis

When I wear shorts, I short my socks. And when I go long, I go long on socks too.

I am currently short on socks and hold few of them. I do always double up on any purchase...

Hot tip: Smartwool socks.

LBYM: Costco knock-off of Smartwool

Hijack: If you have dry, rough or cracked feet you gotta try Kerasal. It also softens callouses.

I have a LBYM friends who is worth aprox 15 mil. He would always brown bag it. Always drive cars 10 years, etc... With socks he would buy the 12 pack from walmart and wear them exactly once. He absolutely hated the missing sock issue while doing laundry so he literally treated socks as a disposable resource. He figured 50 cents a day was not a bad habit. Full disclosure: he only did that with athletic socks. Not dress socks.

If one buys a few dozens of the same socks, he will not have problems with trying to match up the socks that are not lost as they are identical. :confused:

One of my mother's cousins was rich and wore tailored shirts. He would order a dozen white shirts made at a time. That eliminated the trouble of choosing what to wear.

...Besides, with socks we have a bad sequence of runs risk. If a thread gets pulled early on, the whole sock can unravel and we would be left with bare feet.

So, you go bare foot now, instead of waiting for disaster to strike, which may never happen? I am going to enjoy socks as long as I can. Maybe I will have to wear holey socks, but it's still better than no socks.

Hot tip: Smartwool socks.

LBYM: Costco knock-off of Smartwool

Hijack: If you have dry, rough or cracked feet you gotta try Kerasal. It also softens callouses.

You mentioned this product before in another thread some time ago. My superior memory has been weakening, and I could not recall the name although I meant to try it. Thanks for mentioning it again. I will go to Walgreens soon, before it slips off my mind once more.

I'm a big fan of Thorlos. I have several pair of their Run and Walking socks. I date them (writing date I got them, although I also take them to dinner with me) so they wear evenly.
This thread also helped me. I finally decided to go into the drawer where DW hoards rubber bands, and I got rid of a bunch of them. So, I finally reallocated my socks and bands mix.

Oh, they do too have sox in Florida. I used to be married to a Floridian, so I know.

I concur. I've often seen Sox in Florida - usually in the Spring.
Lots of Sox. Then back north, fewer but better Sox.

I used to wear full length socks. Due to the latest downturn, I am now wearing ankle socks. :facepalm:

Evidence this market is very frothy and excessive is that ankle socks cost as much as full length socks.

People are foolishly over paying for much less sock and don't seem to care about it.

I have a drawer in which I have indexed all my socks. It matches the S&P500 - Socks and Podiatrist list of the 500 best socks to own for various occasions.

My neighbor, a socks broker (he works for Tow, Fetesh and Associates) wants to manage my socks for me. He will take one pair of socks a month as his fee. If things go well he will take multiple pairs a month. If they go bad, he will still take at least one pair.

Note: I buy my shoes at Walmart. He buys his at Gucci. Where are the customer's Gucci's?

Last edited:
Evidence this market is very frothy and excessive is that ankle socks cost as much as full length socks.

People are foolishly over paying for much less sock and don't seem to care about it.

Yes. Some even say that the entire sock market is overvalued.

Owning more socks than most people here, I am going to sell some to get some cash. No holey socks that I am selling, mind you. All mint, still in retail packaging and in high demand. But I will not sell all. No way. Gotta keep some for meself.

I sold all my Sox, including a marginal SP named Ruth. Now I can fund a play!

Just one word:

Nylons.

grad2.jpg

Just one word: Run!

Yes, I am side tracking just a little

I do sell off my boxer briefs portfolio when they become holey. Mom always said to wear good underwear as you never know when you might be in a wreck and have to go to the hospital.

1. My mother always said: clean underwear.
2. Holey underwear gets one last use. I put them in a bag marked International Travel. They leave the country and die in a far off foreign land.

Guess I have been a day trader most of my life. I get out of socks at the end of each day so I can sleep well at night!

Back
Top Bottom