Sold all of my socks !

Given the buzz from this thread, I'm going to purchase some Thorlo socks today. Hopefully they'll provide the dividends I'm looking for. I'm just going to take a small position on them until I get a better feel for how they'll fit my portfolio.

Excellent!! That should juice the value of my sock holdings!! I assure you this is no pump and dump... I once heard my mother saying that socks and pumps do not go together although maybe those anklet ones?

But there are people who insist that what you need is the total sock market. That way, you have an assortment of sizes. You will always find some that fit, whether your feet get swollen or shrunken. Also, both domestic and foreign made socks. There's always something among them that is in style.

This makes sense to me as my feet do swell up durring hot weather, expecially when I have walking or hiking a lot.

I am not quite as sure about owning domestic and foreign socks. I can't help but notice that most of my socks, which are made in the USA, are made from both domestic and imported yarns. That seems to give me a lot of international exposure without the bother and hassle of having to buy international socks.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did you all see that free agent slugger J.D. Martinez just signed a 5 year, $110 million contract? Who did he sign with, you ask? The Red Sox.

For years I waited for an opportunity to buy socks. When my bare feet got all cracked and I saw my blood running in the streets, it was time to buy.

Last edited:
Do you count your socks in your net worth? It matters when you calculate your sock withdrawal rate.

Kinda going off Chinese food.....so....I sold all my woks.

I'm still new here and learn a lot from Audrey who makes compelling arguments about the benefits of rebalancing. I have a black sock and a white sock. When my black sock shrank I trimmed some of my white sock and added to the black sock ... I'll just trust Audrey that I'm better off.

Back
Top Bottom