Will the Market be UP or Down at the Close Monday 12-24-2018?

Will the Market be UP or Down at the Close Monday 12-24-2018?

• Up

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Down

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • No Real Change From Friday

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
Assume you mean Monday 12/24/18, not 11/23/2018, which was about a month ago.

I voted up, but I'm a relentless optimist.

I assume you mean Monday 12/24/2018?
Voted down. Will keep pushing downward at least until 20% down.

Last edited:
I assume you mean the date Mon Dec 24th? Typo?

I think Dec 24 will be down a little, maybe 0.5-1.0% is my guess. Just because of the past week's drag continuing and also people tax loss harvesting at year end. Means more sellers and so reduced price results. That's my $0.02

I assume you mean the date Mon Dec 24th? Typo?

I think Dec 24 will be down a little, maybe 0.5-1.0% is my guess. Just because of the past week's drag continuing and also people tax loss harvesting at year end. Means more sellers and so reduced price results. That's my $0.02

I would call being down 1.0% more than "down a little". I wanted to say: Define "up", "Down" and ""little change."

If "UP" and "down" are "At least ".4%" (arbitrarily arrived at) I'd say more like "Little Change from Friday." It's short. It's a Holiday. The bias is downward. But hey, it's likely a bit oversold and it's Christmas! So, it could finish up or down but not substantially. I'd call that Little Change From Friday.

Since I'm not going to look I voted no change from Friday.

I'm saying down. Not by a whole lot, but down.

"Will the Market be Up or Down at the Close Monday 12-24-2018?"

Yes.

I vote flat - less than .25% in either direction.

Keep mind the above prediction and $3.50 will get you a tall lattè at Starbucks.

Was idly wondering this during 1.5 hr drive home from holiday lunch with friends today.

Guessing it will be neutral-to-moderately-down Monday due to short trading day + very light volume.

Real action will be next full day of trading Wed, Dec 26th.... probably renewed downward pressure until it bottoms out. (I know: This doesn't take genius-level insight to predict.)

I would call being down 1.0% more than "down a little". I wanted to say: Define "up", "Down" and ""little change."
I vote flat - less than .25% in either direction.
I vote flat too - less than 10% in either direction. >:D

Honestly I was going to say this before I ever even saw both the posts I quoted from! :2funny: It's all in the definition.

Trading Places:
Randolph Duke:
Exactly why do you think the price of pork bellies is going to keep going down, William?
Billy Ray Valentine:
Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.
Randolph Duke:
He's right, Mortimer! My God, look at it!

Free fall down. There's a whole new crop of folks that want or need some cash before there isn't any left in their account to turn into cash for next year. Take that draw now and then hold on tight next year. At least that's what I think average folks are thinking.

Light volume day. Weekend orders from people thinking it can’t go lower so its time to buy. We end up only to drop more later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom