Will the Market be UP or Down at the Close Monday 12-24-2018?

Will the Market be UP or Down at the Close Monday 12-24-2018?

• Up

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Down

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • No Real Change From Friday

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
Down about 400 points is my worthless guess.

The meetings with bank CEOs and Fed members that Sec'ty Mnuchin is having will actually cause more anxiety in this anxiety ridden market rather than less as was intended.

Saw a quote Friday from Cramer over at thestreet.com (do not subscribe but do use their stock data which is free in managing my "play" portfolio) that resonated with me for the situation we are in and I think will remain in at least until we get some hopefully good or even very good earnings reports in say mid January:

"numbing mindless dumping of stocks"

I sort of want to shrug as have no idea. I voted down but almost voted for there not being much change. I don't think the Mnuchin calls were helpful and think could have the opposite effect. I don't expect a huge drop.

like your optimism, but am convinced as i explained above, that the knife will continue to fall until mid January.
I have no interest in catching it now

Gee, with so many folks convinced down, I’ll have to play contrarian.

With a Relative Strength Index of 22, I'd have say we're due for an up day.

If it weren't so serious, it would be funny.

Vix rises above 30... Wow!... What to do to fix that? Secretary of the Treasury makes a telephone call to the major banks...

"Hey, youse guys... how about you start loaning out more money?"

Interesting to see just how the financial market works. :angel:

Saw a quote Friday from Cramer over at thestreet.com (do not subscribe but do use their stock data which is free in managing my "play" portfolio) that resonated with me for the situation we are in and I think will remain in at least until we get some hopefully good or even very good earnings reports in say mid January:

"numbing mindless dumping of stocks"

Algorithm based trades in ETFs and index funds, buy blind, sell blind.

Algorithm based trades in ETFs and index funds, buy blind, sell blind.

Exactly. Most folks really do not understand this. They are more than happy with the upward feedback loop on the way up, but are in the dark that it works exactly the same in reverse on the way down.

I don't know when this dumping will stop, but I know there will be one heck of a buying opportunity then

Dang. Just got a Fido text alert - ITOT new 52 week low. I wasn't going to look but forgot to shut off the phone.

I put in an order last night to rebalance from bonds to stocks. It's a Vanguard mutual fund trade, so it will execute at the close today. Maybe I'll need to rebalance again tomorrow. :)

I put in an order last night to rebalance from bonds to stocks. It's a Vanguard mutual fund trade, so it will execute at the close today. Maybe I'll need to rebalance again tomorrow. :)

Wednesday

Well I was wrong! I thought it would jump at the open then slide into oblivion.....

Yup. That’s what I expected also, but we got the close right.
Edit: oh wait. I thought it was closed at -420 but now see it’s -500 with 35 min to go.

Last edited:
Is DOW really gonna drop 8% in 3 trading days?! 15% in the past 3 weeks?!

I bet there's a lot of novice investors out there thinking saving for retirement means funding someone else's retirement as they see their accounts drop for probably the first time ever.

Maybe poll should have been phrased "How much will the market be down by on Christmas Eve?" ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom