Cheap Things to Do in Anchorage, AK?

Kamei

Dryer sheet wannabe
We will be visiting Anchorage in late October and staying in the midtown area. We'll have a car. We're looking for suggestions for what to see/do while we are there. Have about 4 free days.

• Thanks!

Last edited:
I suggest you try another forum, such as City-Data.com. You'll definitely get more suggestions. It's been almost 10 years since I was last there, so my knowledge would be out-of-date.

I spent 1/2 day there a month ago, so my time frame was much shorter. I just did various walking tours around the downtown. Interesting, but not enough to occupy 4 days. The downtown area is pretty compact and easy to see on foot. However, with you being there for four days, plenty of time to see the sites outside of Anchorage (of which I have no knowledge LOL )

We spent 3 days in Anchorage in 2015 at the end of visiting the Denali State and National parks, and had a very relaxing time and very much enjoyed it. What we did was very low cost and without a car.

Watched anglers fishing for salmon by the side of the river - plenty were caught.

Walked the town, which is well set up for pedestrians, visited the earthquake museum.

Rented bikes and rode a good portion of the bike trail around the waterfront. We turned back after 10 miles when we encountered a moose grazing right next to the trail.

Took a walking trip out to Flattop mountain, with a tour company at one of the shops on the street. There were about 15 of us on the trip, mini-bus out to the mountain and back again after we had been left to do our own thing. ( we made it to the top :dance:)

Flattop Mountain - Hike Flattop Mountain Rocky Mountain National Park

Back
Top Bottom