lax marriott

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am going to be spending about a week at the lax marriott on w. century blvd. the second week in april and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and if there are any good reasonably priced places to eat within walking distance? thanks

frank

I am not familiar with the area that is walking distance from the LAX Marriott.

But, with a week of evenings (and possibly a weekend or some whole days) to kill, I would definitely make my way to the area around the Hermosa Beach Peir where there is an amazing beach, interesting if touristy pedestrian walkway/mall along with an amazing walking/biking path along the beach. Venice Beach is another area with great people watching, cafes and general outside street life. Traveling to/from either from the LAX area via bus will kill around an hour; I am not sure about taxi fare but would guess under $30 each way.

The other thing I would consider is renting a car for a day and driving north up the PCH/Hwy1 for a while and maybe stop at some of the parks around Malibu.

I am not familiar with the area that is walking distance from the LAX Marriott.

But, with a week of evenings (and possibly a weekend or some whole days) to kill, I would definitely make my way to the area around the Hermosa Beach Peir where there is an amazing beach, interesting if touristy pedestrian walkway/mall along with an amazing walking/biking path along the beach. Venice Beach is another area with great people watching, cafes and general outside street life. Traveling to/from either from the LAX area via bus will kill around an hour; I am not sure about taxi fare but would guess under $30 each way.

The other thing I would consider is renting a car for a day and driving north up the PCH/Hwy1 for a while and maybe stop at some of the parks around Malibu.

$30 for cab fare will barely get you out of El Segundo (don't ask me how I know).
Hermosa Beach is great.
This is Los Angeles. You need a car to get around even locally. Lots to do and see nearby if you have a car. The Proud Bird is a classic restaurant with an aviation theme that is near by. I love In and Out Burger. Several good restrauants in Manhattan Beach.

That's not really a great area around LAX...there are some fast food places but I wouldn't walk to them personally. If you have a car, there are good places that will be pretty accessible. In N Out is a classic if you like burgers. Google it for the secret menu...

I had to stay at this same hotel for about 12 hours back in 2005 when SWA had an accident in Chicago. There's a restaurant/bar called Champions in the lobby that makes pretty good food. I had the 1/2 lb burger/fries that was pretty darn good. I spent 3-4 years commuting to LAX and the only places I ever ate in that area was McD's, Subway and Costco. I tried a taco truck behind the car rental places that was pretty authentic too. Check out the Marriott page for the menus and they have a list of other places in the area (link at the bottom of the page):

Los Angeles Airport Restaurants | Steakhouse Restaurant near Los Angeles Airport

checked out the restaurants in the hotel and they seemed pricey, but I also googled nearby restaurants and there are a Denny's and a place called trimana that have pretty good looking menus's. is this neighborhood dangerous to walk around in? these places are within a half mile.

Back
Top Bottom