Taking DW to Europe - Help Wanted!

Thanks for reporting back and I'm glad you a good time. Maybe you can do Rome on your next visit.. the River Roamer is awesome and so much better then the tube IMO.

Great great great J.O.B badger.... just a start for DW I hope, we love Europe too.

When my wife came down with a bum wheel early this year, I went out and bought her a lightweight folding wheelchair--$130. When we took the repositioning cruise from NYC to Southampton, we had not one second's problem.

The wheelchair got us to the front of every line, including airport security and preferred airplane seating with the most legroom. We also received immediate seating at every restaurant we went into. I handled all the luggage, towing one 21" roller behind the wheelchair and I had a backpack suitcase. Never did we get a porter anywhere to help us.

My wife has since had a knee replacement, and just got in from Las Vegas last night--walking 5-8 miles per day. She still says she wants to travel with the wheelchair internationally, but she's not the one doing the pushing. I say probably not.

So if your wife had any more mobility problems, tell her the wheelchair is a breeze to use in most places in Europe.

A lot of European cities aren't too level though.

There are a lot of places without smooth pavement, just cobble stone surfaces.

Certainly see a lot of people being pushed around on wheelchairs but there are many places without wheelchair access or difficult access, it seems.

A lot of European cities aren't too level though.

There are a lot of places without smooth pavement, just cobble stone surfaces.

Certainly see a lot of people being pushed around on wheelchairs but there are many places without wheelchair access or difficult access, it seems.

I don't even like walking on cobblestone I think they are hard on your feet...

I don't even like walking on cobblestone I think they are hard on your feet...

My knees were hurting after walking in Bern, maybe I didn’t have proper shoes. By the time I got to Windsor castle in UK, I was limping. Went looking for a Thai massage but they didn’t open early. Luckily I stopped by a pharmacy and found a small jar of Tiger Baum. Immediate relief. So glad I could do the Windsor Castle tour after robbing Tiger Baum.

Back
Top Bottom