The UK...wonderful....horrible....

F4mandolin

Full time employment: Posting here.
Could be back to the UK in a few years. Don't quite get what we would get here in the Spokane area. 2 bedroom terraced house for sale in Chevin Side, Otley, LS21 This place is quite a cutie.....but NOT by American standards. But....take what we can get......14 years in the UK....married to a N Yorkshire lass(if you can call a 53 year old that..)....and don't piss her off. Love her Yorkshire puddin's with roast beef......best meal ever....

Could be back to the UK in a few years. Don't quite get what we would get here in the Spokane area. 2 bedroom terraced house for sale in Chevin Side, Otley, LS21 This place is quite a cutie.....but NOT by American standards. But....take what we can get......14 years in the UK....married to a N Yorkshire lass(if you can call a 53 year old that..)....and don't piss her off. Love her Yorkshire puddin's with roast beef......best meal ever....
Why are you going back? Does your wife not like Spokane? I spent only one year there, but liked it quite a lot. Is there still a restaurant/honkytonk named the Buckaroo out on Highway 2 near Airway Heights?

Ha

I like it, except for the shared walls, stairs, small size for the price, and only one bathroom. But other than that, it is not bad looking.

Blimey. A good old-fashioned 2-up, 2-down, 650sq.ft, in Leeds, for £175K? I thought the housing market was meant to be a little soft in the UK now.

Still, at least you get the sitcom-style "Front door opens into living room" setup, which I suspect doesn't actually exist anywhere in the US outside a trailer park.

Still, at least you get the sitcom-style "Front door opens into living room" setup, which I suspect doesn't actually exist anywhere in the US outside a trailer park.

There are still some Yanks living in houses that open to the living room. I know, I are one. Probably not much bigger than a double-wide, but our little embankment ranch greets visitors like they were Ray Romano's in-laws.

And no closets of course. Check out the wardrobe where all your clothing must fit!

But quite a nice view from the garden...bet you can see sheep from there (and possibly smell them as well, and don't the farmers spread manure 4 times a year up there in N. Yorks?).

Amethyst

Blimey. A good old-fashioned 2-up, 2-down, 650sq.ft, in Leeds, for £175K? I thought the housing market was meant to be a little soft in the UK now.

There are still some Yanks living in houses that open to the living room. I know, I are one. Probably not much bigger than a double-wide, but our little embankment ranch greets visitors like they were Ray Romano's in-laws.

Ditto, though it opens into the hallway, about one foot from the "living room"...

Not sure how I've survived without a grand entrance all these years. Oh, I know; I don't care!

Wow, BigNick, time for a visit back to the States? Many nice houses here have front doors opening into a living room. The front door of my median priced home opens into a formal living room. Every house I have owned in the past had the front door opening into the living room, come to think of it. Frank's front door opens into his living room. Amazingly, neither of us happen to live in a trailer park. :rolleyes:

OK, OK, in my case the prior owners converted that room to a dining room, and in turn since I moved in I have converted that room to a home gym. But, it was originally intended to be a formal living room. The house also has a large den, so I have no need for a formal living room.

Last edited:
Need a ton of warm clothes in N Yorkshire....these last few years have been terrible for weather. It's not just the rain there that gets you....but the damn wind blows in that part of England. Even worse up on the base I was working at....at least Otley would be down off the hills. Good place to walk. Considering that it isn't THAT far (in miles) from S England.....the weather isn't close to the same. Wife just got there today for a visit.....as I was Skyping her a little while ago she just looked out the window and said it's cold, damp and windy....normal.

ha- My wife is ok here....we don't live anywhere near the area you mentioned. We are well out of town on the NW side of town...Nine Mile Falls/Suncrest. Just depends on how the next few years go. We are both homebodies and only go into Spokane every few days for groceries (or golf in my case), so where we are at works well. We never go into downtown Spokane....everything we need is on the North side of town. Wife certainly likes the weather better than Harrogate...the cold doesn't bother her since we don't get the wind here. Wife hated leaving her daughter though.....her three older sons are doing fine, but she hated skipping out on her daughter.... guilt.

Back
Top Bottom