Why do I do this to myself?

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
  • It's gonna be mid-70s here this weekend here on the coast.
  • I turned down an offer to play with my favorite foursome at my favorite course.
  • I have a ton of gardening to do...

But no can do. Off we go to a wedding in Wausau, WI (-3 degrees at the moment, still recovering from 17 inches of snow).

Actually, we are very fond of the family of the bride and are looking forward to seeing everyone, but really...

See y'all in a few days.

I give up - why do you you do this to yourself?

Enjoy the bracing weather :D

I see what you mean. Even with a pesky job out of the picture, scheduling, like numbers (copywrite REW) is hard. We're expecting a whopper of rainstorm here. Have a good time. Will you be there in time for Friday fish fry? Miss that. Yum, with apple sauce and potato pancakes.

Have a good time. Will you be there in time for Friday fish fry? Miss that. Yum, with apple sauce and potato pancakes.
Oh, that's right -- forgot your Wisconsin roots.

Fish fry will have to wait a few months, but I don't see anything wrong with a little ice fishing. Or maybe a bottle of brandy -- for breakfast. We can ship in some lutefisk from Minnesota.

Hope the hotel has a pool and hot tub.

Because you love a warm embrace from friends and it's lovely to see new love bloom.... Warm fuzzies all around.......... :)

We'll miss ya...:greetings10:

Oh, that's right -- forgot your Wisconsin roots.

Fish fry will have to wait a few months, but I don't see anything wrong with a little ice fishing. Or maybe a bottle of brandy -- for breakfast. We can ship in some lutefisk from Minnesota.

Hope the hotel has a pool and hot tub.

The only problem with ice fishing is that you need weather cold enough to freeze a lake. I spent 10 days in England last Christmas. Circling the airport while they finished plowing the runway, never getting above freezing the whole time, the sidewalks and side streets completely with ice all the time I was there. And that was warm weather compared to Wisconsin.

Send pictures, as it is not something I ever envision doing.

They tell me there's this thing call "heat", that warms up cars, hotels, and even other buildings. Translating for those of us who live in the South, like Rich and me, I understand "heat" works sort of like air conditioning in reverse. :LOL:

Just joking around. Have fun and enjoy the happy event, Rich.

They tell me there's this thing call "heat", that warms up cars, hotels, and even other buildings. Translating for those of us who live in the South, like Rich and me, I understand "heat" works sort of like air conditioning in reverse. :LOL:

Just joking around. Have fun and enjoy the happy event, Rich.

I have a sister-in-law who has lived her entire life in a subtropical climate and she honestly doesn't understand why we don't just fall over dead from the cold in the frozen north, even after I explained how hats, coats, mittens, and boots work.

Enjoy the wedding, Rich--if you dance hard enough you won't notice the frostbite.

Actually, we are very fond of the family of the bride and are looking forward to seeing everyone, but really...

See y'all in a few days.

Once in a lifetime event (hopefully), share the pleasure of the wedding. Enjoy!

Rich, this trip will help you appreciate all the more those things you really enjoy about Tampa but are taking for granted.

I wonder why the happy couple planned a December wedding in Wausau, WI. It's a beautiful area....in June. In any event, have a safe trip and stay warm!

A friend owns the ski hill operation in Wausau. Stop by Granite Peak and do a few runs!

The good thing about this trip is it will help you to eliminate some relocation possibilities . Have fun !

Don't forget to do some snuggling up with DW, now!

Rich, let me know if you need a local weather forecast or surf report to help cheer you up!

I wonder why the happy couple planned a December wedding in Wausau, WI. It's a beautiful area....in June. In any event, have a safe trip and stay warm!
Heck, they're probably getting paid to get married in that time of year.

The bridegroom probably thinks it'll help him remember his anniversary and get discounted gifts for life...

For a chance at this:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 192
It works (or doesn't work) both ways. DW and I just returned from a week in Bradenton a few miles south of you. We brought out cold weather with us. It was just turning back as we left from snow at home last night. Not all was lost - it was OK for biking which we have been missing up here.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Talk about reverse logic for a "destination" wedding. :cool:

A winter wedding with a fair number of out-of-towners is a sure fire recipe for missing relatives and guests. :nonono:

Have a great trip. Make a snow sculpture just for fun! :D

Even Florida for Christmas weddings is iffy . Two of Gary's sons got married at Christmas time . The first son lucked out and the weather was perfect . They had an outside reception at a museum courtyard and it was a beautiful night . The second son got married at the Ringling Museum and it was a damp cold night . The guests were leaving right after the wedding and the bridesmaids had ski jackets over their dresses .

I live in Minnesota and I don't know ANYONE who got married in December. November maybe, occasionally March, but December:confused: It's impossible to look nice (hat hair, bulky shoes), and travel is extremely unpredictable.

But have a fun time! There won't be much else to do, so it's good you like the new couple!

Because it will make you appreciate what you have when you land in Tampa again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or something like that...

Here you go! I got married in December. And not only that, we went to Thunder Bay, Ontario for the weekend after we got married.

That is hardcore! I went to Thunder Bay and Sleeping Giant in September one year, and even then it wasn't very warm. I better stop b*tching about the cold & snow here! :blush:

Back
Top Bottom