LastPass or 1Password

Lastpass problem was with the app version (majority are not using that), and patched.

Since the article was dated 2-20-19, I suppose there could be another vuln out there with LastPass.

That’s an interesting article, thanks for posting. I’m a LastPass (free version) user, using it most often on iOS but also MacOS occasionally. The bulk of my usage is through the LastPass mobile app.

If I understand the article, the flaw is/was in “LastPass for Applications” which seems to be a Windows desktop/tray application that helps enable access to the LastPass vault (I read it as useful to developers).

Last edited:
Same here. Been a lastpass user for a couple of years. And, yep, the interface can be clunky. And I have one website that won't autofill (my bank!) and I've filed a bug report. Other than that, it gets the job done and I don't see anything that would make me want to go through the hassle of a switch.

Exactly

LastPass on phone w/fingerprint reader is fine. As you move to other devices w/ larger screens, it gets clunkier. At least that is the clunky I see.

1Password on 7 devices (iPhones, iPads, iMacs, Macbook).
Use app, not service. Pay to upgrade every few years. Share via iCloud. Over 600 items.
Using for over a decade.
Really like it.

Like SWR, I've used open source KeePass for many years. I keep the encrypted password file in Dropbox for access from numerous devices. I use long and complex passwords for both Dropbox and Keepass. Everything is free, so far. It works well for me but wouldn't be the best for everyone.

Dropbox has started restricting free access to just 3 devices so I may need to start paying them when I replace a device or, more likely, find another approach (using Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive, or a home server).

Last edited:
Haha! I'm paranoid about haveibeenpwned.com! I'm worried that somebody may be adding all of my good passwords to a list for future use. I haven't stopped using it but I am 'concerned.'

If you are only using Apple devices and not sharing passwords with others (either family or empl*yer) you can get by very well with Apple's iCloud Keychain and it's free.

It works very well in Safari as well as most apps that use passwords. The passwords are available on all your Apple devices.

I received an e-mail from LastPass asking for my experience with David. I did not talk/text/email with anyone from LastPass, let alone David. There was a ticket # associated with the e-mail. This says to me someone has accessed my LastPass account. Impossible to get in touch with anyone from LastPass. Sent numerous e-mails and a new ticket. Nothing. What is going on? Has anyone else experienced this?

Maybe the email was not from LastPass.... a trick scam to get you to reveal your info.

I never answer emails from banks, cc, etc even if they ask for a survey.

I might phone them from the back of the card number, but that is all.

Back
Top Bottom