Months from retirment

dsilvar

Confused about dryer sheets
Wow! Just a few months now, to retirment...and I can taste it.
It is so very difficult to get thro' these last few months..every day is like agony!!
How did you all make it thru' the last few months??
Its almost there, and I can almost touch it...but its NOT here as yet..how do I get it to hurry up:confused:
We are looking to buy a dutch barge in the Netherlands and cruise the canals of Europe..mostly France and the UK.
Its verry attractive, with the Dollar to live in New Zealand for half the year or some place else where english is spoken and the way of life is western!!
any comments?
thanks ray

dsilvar has a wonderful sounding scheme, an endless summer cruising the canals in Europe and then packing off for kiwi land as soon as it starts getting nippy. The biggest hassle for me would be finding a safe place for the stuff in cold hemisphere to stay until I got back.

If you are nautically inclined, there are plenty of excellent cruising grounds in New Zealand and plenty of boats as well.

I would expect that in reality you would end up with only 3 to 4 months cruising in each hemisphere. Maybe a month to setup the boat after storage for the winter and another month at the end to get it out of the water and stored for the season again. Plus time in transit from one end of the world to the other with stops to visit friends and relatives.

The big key to making something like this work is having a partner who has bought into the same dream.

Regards,

Baanista

Having a partner who has bought into "the same dream"
is indeed critical. It's a tricky business (as is living).
Anyway, if said partner can not be found, an altered
version of the dream which allows you to go solo is
much preferred. If your partner is not on board, you
either need a new dream or a new partner.

Back
Top Bottom