New Energy Bill that appears headed for passage

Time for a rant:

If they change daylight saving time, every single computer in the country with Windows will use the wrong time on October 31. I wonder if they have they considered that?

The candy makers say they are happy because it means an hour more of trick or treating. What, do people stop trick or treating when it's dark?

The whole idea of shifting the clock, a standard that should remain constant, is dumb. Want to get the crops in or save energy, tell the workers to come to work an hour earlier. The whole idea is like recalibrating your speedometer each time you drive into a zone with a different speed limit.

Humans can't seem to decide on standards. Phillips head vs. straight, palm vs PocketPC, PC vs Mac, drive on left vs drive on right, different languages, english vs metric, etc.

Humans. Sheesh!

TromboneAl said:
If they change daylight saving time, every single computer in the country with Windows will use the wrong time on October 31.
Except in Hawaii. We don't do Daylight Savings Time.

Al, maybe you shoud take a poll on what the US should do with all the daylight we're going to save:

- Give it to Norwegian widows to brighten thier days
- Put it in a solar index fund
- Fund a mission to explore the sun (go at night to avoid getting burned)

...any other bright ideas? :D

REW

Indiana doesn't do DST either ... at least until next year...

I've got it: we'll go to Daylight Saving Time year round! :LOL:

Have Funds said:
It's five o'clock somewhere!
And now I'll have Jimmy Buffett in my brain for the rest of the day. Not that it's a bad thing!

Back
Top Bottom