Bush sells arms to india, then visits pakistan

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm still pretty sure they have 10-12 really, really smart guys that when they're not coming up with sniglets, try to think up what the dumbest things to do might be, then see if they can pull it off.

I've largely given up trying to figure out why in Gawd's name they do what they do. I think the Rude Pundit's blog for yesterday was as good an explanation as any.

Once you've taken enough drugs, it all makes perfect sense........

Completely agree - All we need is to pump up the nuclear sophistication of both the Pakistanis and the Indians.  Every earlier Prez has 'worked hard' to keep these mortal enemies calm... and now...

JohnP

JohnP said:
Completely agree - All we need is to pump up the nuclear sophistication of both the Pakistanis and the Indians. Every earlier Prez has 'worked hard' to keep these mortal enemies calm... and now...

I think a lot of this has to do with China. India is a perfect counterweight to China, especially since the Indians don't trust the Chinese because of past conflicts. I doubt that there will be any kind of equivalent deal with Pakistan because of the instability of the government. I think India's getting a good deal out of it, but keeping China in check might be worth it. How this affects the Iranian situation is a concern.

WanderALot said:
How this affects the Iranian situation is a concern.

How does this affect the Iranian situation? Seriously, at all? It's not like we've ever had a problem with peaceful democratic allies having nukes -- UK, Israel, France, etc.

Considering the number of people caught trying to sell nuclear materials, including plutonium, from the former soviet union, I can only guess at how much was sold that wasnt caught. Might be more of a matter of who DOESNT have nukes or at least the parts to make one.

And you only need one to ruin somebodys day.

So they're going to break down, and when they call for service they're going to get "bob" in India...

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Cool Dood said:
How does this affect the Iranian situation? Seriously, at all? It's not like we've ever had a problem with peaceful democratic allies having nukes -- UK, Israel, France, etc.

No, but India, like Pakistan and Israel, is one of the few countries not to sign the NPT. For all the talk about India not being like Iran, being a democratic country for over 50 years, being pretty pro-American, etc. it makes it difficult giving nuclear technology to a country that hasn't signed the NPT. Israel hasn't signed the NPT either, but it is also neither "confirms or nor denies" that it has nuclear weapons.

Additionally, I believe both North Korea and Iran signed the NPT but then either withdrew from it or are not abiding by it. It would seem to me that a country like India would not want to be associated with Pakistan, Iran or North Korea.

All this being said, I think it's a probably a good thing for us. BTW, this is what Bush said when Pakistan asked for a similar nuclear deal:
"Pakistan and India are different countries with different needs and different histories"

Hey brewer...with regards to your sig line...

"It's the reason why so many particularly incompetent and/or evil people from Texas seem to have positions of great power in the Bush administration: if a man has watched you **** a cow, you better treat that man well.
- The Rude Pundit"

Apparently receiving a donation from the beef industry...

Attachments

• bushlicker.JPG
    bushlicker.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 30
Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hey brewer...with regards to your sig line...

"It's the reason why so many particularly incompetent and/or evil people from Texas seem to have positions of great power in the Bush administration: if a man has watched you **** a cow, you better treat that man well.
- The Rude Pundit"

Apparently receiving a donation from the beef industry...

Hey! Y'all be nice, now. :bat:

Reminds me of the dad who walked around the back corner of the barn to find his son and a calf in similar circumstances.

The quick-thinking young fella shouted, "Dad! Are you just going to stand there and let him eat me up!?"

CFB's picture of Bush explains it all, Bush gives away nuclear stuff for a b***job. When are these First Ladies going to take care of these things to stop f***ing up our country.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I did not have sex with that cow... :LOL:

Sorry, I'm leery of Pakistan and Musharraf...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom