"Male Warrior Effect"

REWahoo! said:
Whenever I read drivel like this I want to beat the crap out of whoever published it...

Me too! Let's get together with some other guys and go whip his ass.  :p

They really didn't say how does one "compete" with the other universities.
But it really dosn't matter.... because I just want to kick some butt....

Hehe, so what? The offsprings and women of all the men who couldn't engaged in wars have been killed off long ago, so we're in effect all products of the ancient men who successfully engaged in wars.

I agree that men have a developed this quality. I think it happened approximately the same time he learned to stand on two feet. Can't understand why it took so long to confirm this with such a sophisticated study.

In experiments with 300 university men and women students, Van Vugt and his team gave the volunteers small sums of money which they could either keep or invest in a common fund
if they really wanted to find out, why didn't they give them clubs and axes? (don't suppose they checked to see if there was any testosterone effects, eh?
silly me, of course not, these were psychologists.)

REWahoo! said:
Whenever I read drivel like this I want to beat the crap out of whoever published it...
As opposed to the drivel published on this board every day? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The offsprings and women of all the men who couldn't engaged in wars have been killed off long ago, so we're in effect all products of the ancient men who successfully engaged in wars.

Huh? Wouldn't we be more likely to be the offspring of the ones who stayed home? (Though if this has any evolutionary resonance it's slow in showing itself!)

Maybe its true.Just look at our national anthem.ITS GOT MISSLES AND BOMBS IN IT!

ladelfina said:
Huh? Wouldn't we be more likely to be the offspring of the ones who stayed home? (Though if this has any evolutionary resonance it's slow in showing itself!)

Acording to Darwin, the ones who went to war and came home would be the biggest prize. According to me, the ones who stayed home would be the precursor to the metrosexual males. :)

ladelfina said:

Ah, Landelfina, you're thinking of modern warfare. In acient times, the winning army gets to go to town on the losing army's women. That would explain just about the only two reasons for the common men to fight -- either to rape and pillage or to protect their women and children from rape and pillage. Would you prefer to have men who simply offer peace pipes when an invading army comes knocking on the city gates?

In my business experience, women in positions of power are far more cut throat and ruthless.

ladelfina said:
This sounds like a debate over whether it's better to procreate with the "bad boys & girls" or the "safe, secure, stay-at-home providers". Hmmm, should I sire the progeny with Doris Day or Grace Jones? (And what the heck does that guy need his eyeglasses for?!?)

From reading the Darwin Awards books I've learned that unfortunately many of the winners have already managed to pass on their genes before going down in history (so to speak). Admittedly they've probably chosen to breed with the type of mates who'll maximize the potential for creating double-recessive offspring, but apparently the tendencies that won them the Darwin Award also probably had a lot to do with their ability to attract a mate. Initially, anyway.

The "warrior effect" reminds me of that old cartoon where two huge male elk are impressing a nearby female by duking it out upon each other with all their antlers, chest muscles, and testosterone poisoning. Unfortunately she's been distracted from the whole show by the underweight out-of-shape geeky nerdy wimpy little elk who's having a quickie with her while the big boys aren't paying attention...

Anybody think Wahoo's post was a joke?  :D

Ha

HaHa said:
Anybody think Wahoo's post was a joke?  :D
I'm afraid that if I laugh at his drivel then he'll beat the crap out of me...

This one reminds me of a goofy management seminar I attended where we were divided into opposing teams and told something along the lines of: your objective is to protect your society and make sure it survives; your group has traditionally hated and distrusted the other group, they have traditionally hated and distrusted you; the two groups have had several wars but none were conclusive. It then went on to give some rules about how you could drop a regular bomb and kill 10 opponents, drop a nuke and kill 100 or whatever. The point that was supposed to come out was that compromise and ultimately cooperation led to greater survival.

The other team started out with a nasty attack on my team, my team mates talked me into a measured response (showing we were willing to deal), the other team (I guess realizing what dicks they had been) actually sacrificed some of their own. I realized we could nuke em and they could never recover before we would wipe out their entire population so I recommended we do so. My team argued about it, but the numbers were clear -- we nuked em. I think we had fifty fifty men and women and the women seemed as ruthless as the men :eek:

The facilitators said no one had intentionally wiped out their opponents before.

Back
Top Bottom