Dang dogs.

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
Our 13 pound weiner dog just pooped out half a sock. :p

Greg had to provide assistance.

Oy. And hugs. In that order. :)

Our 90 pound yellow Lab, Sandy, once ate a plastic 13-gallon trash bag. It came out -- mostly -- in one long mess.

A sock at least makes some sense, it smells like the human associated with it. But a trash bag? :confused:

He did? No sh*t? Sorry. And Greg is one handy man. :)

Friend had a cat that loved to eat tinsil off the X-mas tree. Had a silver pom-pom hanging out it's a** off and on for weeks. :eek:

Laurence said:
Friend had a cat that loved to eat tinsil off the X-mas tree.

Another reason I love christmas. My cats (well, at least one of those sneaky bastards) eat parts of the fake christmas tree. I then discover miniature christmas trees when I scoop out the cat litter. My cats aren't too smart.

Anyone want two cats? I'll ship to wherever fedex delivers...

Laurence said:
Friend had a cat that loved to eat tinsil off the X-mas tree. Had a silver pom-pom hanging out it's a** off and on for weeks. :eek:

I had the dubious job of 'tinsil recycler' until we gave up putting any kind of tinsil on the Christmas Tree. The cat seems happy and I'm exstatic.

heh heh heh

Oh Gosh BTDT with baggies and bread wrappers.... no fun at all. Greg is a good man LOL

I knew something had to be up. My niece stayed with us for a few days. One morning on her bed was the top half of one of her socks, the bottom half missing.
Greg had comments to make on how often my niece does her laundry. :-X We've been waiting around to see which dog. :-\

Martha said:
Our 13 pound weiner dog just pooped out half a sock. :p

My daughter's 10 month old Lab didn't poop out the sock she ate. After a bowel resection, 3 days in doggie intensive care and a $2,800 vet bill, she's fine.

refurbished socks come to mind. Dr. Scholl would be proud.

REWahoo! said:
My daughter's 10 month old Lab didn't poop out the sock she ate. After a bowel resection, 3 days in doggie intensive care and a $2,800 vet bill, she's fine.

That happened to my sister's lab with a peach pit.

Laurence said:

It isn't very often that I laugh out loud when I read this forum, but hey, that's pretty darn funny!

Our 13 pound weiner dog just pooped out half a sock.

Guess your dog needs a Lamaze class.

I'll put this on my list of things to remember when I start to have the urge to take a dog home from the shelter.

justin said:
I then discover miniature christmas trees when I scoop out the cat litter.

Be happy, your kitty litter should smell like a fresh pine forest! Inhale deeply......

Hey Laurence, did you purposely star out "ass" or did the software mask potty mouth verbaige?

About 12 years ago a pit bull mix - with a great dane? Large/tall older puppy showed up at our house - we had our fill of dogs(3) and kids(2) and were going to find a home/take him to the pound. A close friend came over for dinner and fell in love w/ "Jake". He took the dog home - his first responsibility being single etc.
Jake ate all of my friends belts and managed to pass the buckels(ugh) - he also ate all the wires/tubes between the air conditioner and the house - several hoses and who knows what else......Jake finally grew up and stopped the carnage
I was impressed that my buddy kept the dog thru all these behaviors....

It was good practice for his future marriage!

Donzo said:
I was impressed that my buddy kept the dog thru all these behaviors....

Thank God for crate training. Thought it was cruel at first, but turned out to be the perfect strategy for our last two dogs. They even learn to love it -- seek refuge in their crates voluntarily long after training is complete. Sophie was 3 years old before we finally got rid of the crate.

Once we heard a washing machine emptying in the room at the front of our home. Only problem was that we didn't have a washing machine in that room.

On investigation, we found our big, lovable (albeit not high IQ) yellow Lab Max was vomiting great quanities of very clean, very soapy water. He had apparently gone to each bathroom, eaten a bar of soap from each, and then drank great quantities of water. [Soap always makes me thirsty ...]

Ah, Max. Sadly, gone now, but he lived a good long life and provided no end of "Max" stories. What a guy.

Donzo said:
It was good practice for his future marriage!

Huh. My wife never eats any of my clothing or small appliances.

Did I pick the wrong one? What am I missing?

My cousin's dog ate most of a roll of paper towels ... I'm told he was pretty much a towel dispenser for several days... :p

Had the cat w/ the tinsel butt thing. None of the dogs (Golden Retriever, Chocolate Lab and Airedale) eat anything strange. But you better not leave your sandwich in the room to go get your drink. Man are they FAST!

The Airedale does have a one strange quirk. (Actually, he's got many, but only one related to eating) He has an absolute hatred for stuffed toys. He will happily amuse himself for hours tearing into a new one and then pulling the stuffing out bit by bit. Never eats it, just leaves little tufts of polyfill all over the area. Once the toy is empty you can't interest him in that thing no matter what you do.

You know what I love? When you see the dog chewing on something that is probably a) disgusting or b) needed elsewhere, and yell "hey, what are you eating?" and they gulp it down before you can get there and pry open their jaws.
That's great!

Sarah

Back
Top Bottom