ER Forum Cookbook - Recipe Comment Thread

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you have comments on recipes from the cookbook, or variations or suggestions, post them here.

Onioned Chicken, Page 77.

Wow, wow, wow! Just had that for dinner, and it was super good. What DW and I call a "Wow" meal.

I put garlic, potatoes, carrots, celery, and sweet potato in with the onions. I cooked it at 350 instead of 400 degrees.

The chicken was especially juicy, and the vegetables were out of this world. This is how we'll cook chicken from now on.

Thanks, Khan!

CFB, thanks so much for the avocado tips!!! Tried them out tonight. Wow, can't believe I've been trying to peel avocados all these years...

McClesters - tried your chicken salad recipe...YUMMY!!!

TromboneAl said:
Onioned Chicken, Page 77.

Wow, wow, wow! Just had that for dinner, and it was super good. What DW and I call a "Wow" meal.

I put garlic, potatoes, carrots, celery, and sweet potato in with the onions. I cooked it at 350 instead of 400 degrees.

The chicken was especially juicy, and the vegetables were out of this world. This is how we'll cook chicken from now on.

Thanks, Khan!

You're welcome.

You can also cook pork or beef this way, but might have to add a bit of oil or liquid to the pan to start.

Khan said:
You're welcome.

You can also cook pork or beef this way, but might have to add a bit of oil or liquid to the pan to start.

simple...i like it! how does it come out after so long in the oven? ive only done boneless skinless breat for 50 mins or so...and its juicy....seems it would over cook??

is this a recip for breasts, or a whole/part of a chicken?

how does it come out after so long in the oven?

It's a whole chicken, so it takes that long just to cook it through.

I've done the artichoke dip from Simple Girl. I thought it was way too much mayonnaise when I made it. So I tried again and halved the mayonnaise and doubled the cream cheese. The recipe is also easy to half.
I ended up putting 1/2 c. of mayo and 8 oz (1 pkg) of cream cheese into my half batch of artichoke dip. Very creamy and rich without as much "greasy" (for lack of a better term) feeling.

Starry Night's omelets in a bag - they turned out great! 13 minutes to boil had 2 out of 3 perfectly cooked. I put the 3rd one (DW and I shared it) back into the pot to finish cooking while we ate the first round of omelets. Broccoli, cheese (american and cheddar), sausage, imitation crab meat - great! I forgot the bacon bits... Definitely a winner, especially if you have a family to feed. All the omelets come out at the same time, and you don't have any duds.

I'm looking forward to trying some more "simple" dishes.

Back
Top Bottom