This sure explains a lot...

Hummmmm,

What do you call an arab flying a plane:confused:?

A pilot , You Racist!

How about the fact that people mature and some sophomoric (i.e., moronic, blue, obscene) humor does not appeal or seems a bit repulsive.

Not to mention the fact that most 65 or 70 year old have no awareness of contemporary cultural drift/evolution on terms and meanings... How many older people understand what PHAT or cheddar means? [Assuming all of the older people in the study did not have dementia!]

Similar conclusions were drawn about certain minorities and their mental capability because they had not been exposed to certain things... The conclusion... they are slower and dumber! :mad:

I can understand how a few nitwits (desperate university researchers) drawing invalid conclusions related to cause and effect would publish this dribble. It sounds like a publish or perish (feeling the pressure) subject from some academic that is digging for federal funding on a grant. They may think they are researchers... They are :uglystupid: PHDs (Piled High and Deep).

Why the predisposition for anger? Is there some kind of minimum dosage reqirement some of us have?

How about as you get older you realize you've heard all the jokes before.

It is that way with me and television - I realized years ago I've seen it all before. They just take the same stories; tart them up for the current generation and air them.

Participants had to respond to jokes like this one:
A businessman is riding the subway after a hard day at the office. A young man sits down next to him and says, "Call me a doctor ... call me a doctor."
The businessman asks, "What's the matter, are you sick?"
Participants then had to choose the right ending. For this one, the correct answer was "I just graduated from medical school."
----------------------
I wonder what the other choices were?
"I just graduated from philosophy school"
"I want to play "Doctor" with you."
"I got tired of yelling; Who is your daddy."

----------------------
"Call me a taxi"
"OK, you're a taxi"
Now that's a joke.
--------------
"Take my wife; please."

I think "I just graduated from philosophy school" is funnier.

What is "cheddar?"

i grew up in a house with a lot of laughter. mom made me laugh from when i was a baby until alzheimer's robbed her of the ability to construct a sentence. even far into alzheimer's, she was still a funny lady. i know she was also like that when i was a baby because throughout my life i saw how she always tried to make babies smile.

mom had one of those infectious laughs that filled the room and people just naturally smiled in her presence. i was always quick to laugh. i can find something funny in practically everything; i break out into laughter at funerals. one of my favorite things was making mom laugh and i still love to make people laugh.

my partner and i had the very same laugh and we both laughed all the time. we used to exhaust people with our laughter and we made fun of everything. it probably bordered on obnoxious but i still think it was funny. i miss that so much. some people think i laugh too much and so they don't take me seriously or they just don't know how to take me. i've noticed that even in early childhood, almost all of my little cousins & niece/nephews have commented on how much i laugh. i'm sorry but this world is just so funny to me.

as noted in the article, i have noticed two people in particular lose their humor as they aged and in fact i just commented on that to a group of friends a few nights ago. my mother's childhood friend used to be a rambunctious laugher. her & my mom used to keep my brother & i up until 2 in the morning with their laughter. i remember my brother & i sitting at the top of the steps listening to them have such a good time.

now the friend hardly laughs at all. it is so sad. i still try to crack her up but as many of my jokes are two-edged, she now misses the funny edge only to cut herself on the edge that makes ya think. the same thing has happened to a friend my age. what i've noticed also with these people is where they used to make me laugh, now, when i am with them, i have to be the entertainment for both of us.

oh well, as mom used to tell me: "hey, you're funny. but looks aren't everything."

How about the fact that people mature and some sophomoric (i.e., moronic, blue, obscene) humor does not appeal or seems a bit repulsive.

Not to mention the fact that most 65 or 70 year old have no awareness of contemporary cultural drift/evolution on terms and meanings... How many older people understand what PHAT or cheddar means? [Assuming all of the older people in the study did not have dementia!]

Similar conclusions were drawn about certain minorities and their mental capability because they had not been exposed to certain things... The conclusion... they are slower and dumber! :mad:

I can understand how a few nitwits (desperate university researchers) drawing invalid conclusions related to cause and effect would publish this dribble. It sounds like a publish or perish (feeling the pressure) subject from some academic that is digging for federal funding on a grant. They may think they are researchers... They are :uglystupid: PHDs (Piled High and Deep).

Uh oh, they might have to do a study on "grumpy" as well as "old" ;) :2funny:

What is "cheddar?"

Some Slang.

see The Source: Slang Dictionary

cheddar
n. money "He got phat cheddar."
cheese
1. see "cheddar."

phat

adj./adv. (pronounced "fat") Very good, cool, top notch. Also used as an acronym, pretty hot and tempting. "His corvette was phat!" 2. Also seen as “actin like you phat” which means actin’ like you are cool, tough, or something special.
Uh oh, they might have to do a study on "grumpy" as well as "old"

Mr Bunny - I assume you mean a study about: Old School Mo Fo be gitten Tight!

tight
1. adj./adv. an older term that still maintains its presence that means good or very nice. "Man . . . did you see that lowered Cadillac? It was tight!" 2. mad, angry or upset. "Yo, your pops is tight." 3. to get really intoxicated and or messed up on drugs. "Yo dawg, we got tight as hell last night."

old school
1. adj./adv. Anything that is old, but not necessarily bad. In reference to music, it may be referring to it as "the good ‘‘ol" music. "Hey Kelly, why you playing that old school song?" "Cause old school's tig

:2funny:

Oddly enough, they were funny!

Attachments

• grumpy_old_men.jpg
    grumpy_old_men.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom