The first of several jobs totalling $50k was completed today...

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was told a month ago that I was the front-runner to clean the ducts in several schools in a certain district. The small ones that need to be done this year totaled about $10k, and the ones that need to be done next summer total $40k.

Well, they tested the waters, and apparently liked us! They liked the job so much, I was taken to the next school today as we wrapped up to give my 'final answer' re: price. I originally just gave them a ballpark range for each, and now must provide a formal proposal.

I think the donuts I bought for the custodians, the lunch I bought for the lead HVAC tech, and the muscles I lent to the main janitor (moving some furniture around) helped seal the deal. They all seemed to love us and let it be known.

I'm just excited and had to tell someone. These two jobs this month will be enough to max my roth for they year, add some cash to the reserves, and pay down a pesky credit card. I can't wait!

J

thefed, excellent! Sounds like good business, and a reliable payer, too.

Coach

Fed,

Congrats! Killing them with kindness and donuts seems like a great sales tactic.

As you are learning, relationships are very important. The return customer is the most profitable.

Learn all you can about the District's contracting practices. The better you know what the Facility Manager must work around the easier it will be to be the successful bidder.

Glad it's all working out for you. I remember when you put in your estimate and wondered how it all worked out. Sounds like your business is really moving.

thanks for the positive input!

he has hinted around on the dollar amounts they have to work with before needing multiple bids and such, so i adjusted my most recent bid accordingly...i should hear by wednesday or so if my most recent bid of about 7.5k is accepted. it should take me and one guy 5 days or so

They said GO! I got the 7.5k job...should take me 5 days...

Im pumped...

the 35k job is next on the list!

Glad to hear that things are working out so well in your business for you. It sounds like your business in on the way up!

Back
Top Bottom