Simple Living Network

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
I tend to frequent another forum called simpleliving.net and I'm fairly certain at least one other of us is there. I won't name him, but I'm pretty sure there aren't two people with that screen name. Anybody else?

Busted!

I can explain...

I haven't been on it for over a year (was overseas) and I forgot all about it. I still have my bookmark.

MJ

If you're referring to my screen name, yes, that's me over there also.

2Cor521

Wow! There are more than I thought. Al was the one I noticed. I don't recall seeing anyone else. But I'm usually only in the ones for Frugality & Tightwadding, Gardening, and Transportation. I have a tendency to get flamed over there because I am not green enough, left enough, nor soft spoken enough. LOL, go figure?

hi guys! I mostly lurk here, but I do enjoy this forum very much too...

lhamo

I regularly read the Simple Living Discussion Forums, but have never posted there...

Used to visit there more often, but the lack of ability to "go to first unread post" lessens the experience. I don't like spending time re-reading what I already read trying to figure out where I left off last time.

I really appreciate the more efficient features we have here.

The best thing - over there was how I found out about this forum. :D

I havent read in awhile....there was one guy that posted endlessly on not using credit cards and quoted many "studies"...some interesting stories about folks getting recycled laundry soap containers out of bins and rinsing them out to do their laundry....and Nord's favorite story of the lady that dropped a glass container of peanut butter and scraping it up for her family to use....glass chards be damned...

Maddythebeagle.....yikes! That is a bit overboard for me!
I recycle the meow mix containers by washing them out and using them as my palette when I paint.....I thought that was a bit extreme....but the peanut butter lady has me beat!

I'm there, too, but under a different screen name.

Not that I've posted much in the last XXX months.

Like here, I read a lot there but rarely post.
I find there are some differences. Here the bunch seems to be wealthier, and this is much less moderated but more bullies. Lots more tree hugger socially conscience hippie types there - Here more arrogance and financially savvy.

In both, there are know it alls, and people who must spend hours upon hours each day posting and reading, mixed in with the interesting posters that can give you good advice and food for thought. You have to always remember you are on an anonymous forum and anyone can post any crazy thing they want to with no accountability. No one makes you come here and read or post so as always, take what is useful, ignore what annoys you.

Back
Top Bottom