Funny Seventies Photos

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
Since so many of us are survivors of the seventies and the fashions and hairstyles of that time, I thought some of you might enjoy this:

List Of The Day: Great Olan Mills photos

The captions are hilarious! I don't know any of these people, so say whatever you want!

And feel free to post your own sixties and seventies photos....

1972:
OlinMillsPhoto.jpg

High school graduation in Honolulu, mid-1960's: Don't know if you can tell but I was wearing a TON of eye make-up, just like a good 1960's gal would, and my hair was so stiff with "dippity-doo" that it wouldn't budge even on the beach (near where the photo was taken):

b_171318.jpg

Edited to Add: Eek, I didn't know this would come out so BIG... sorry. (blush)

So...when did you go blond? ;)

Silly man - - my avatar is not me. It's a drop-dead gorgeous German model/actress named Eva Habermann, and was one of the "freebie avatars" at the old ER site. I always WANTED to be blonde, though!!! When the photo was taken, I was probably thinking in the back of my mind "This would have looked better if my parents would have let me go blonde!" :2funny:

Still haven't done it, but I'm enjoying being naturally grey/white at present.

bbbamI Senior 1975.....17 years old

I like this pic...gonna use it as my avatar....for a while anyway. :)

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1974.jpg
    1974.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 15

Gee, you made up for my "too large" photo by making yours TINY!! It doesn't look at all as I had envisioned you looking, either, but then I guess we have all changed a lot since those days. :)

We are DEVO

1975.jpg
[/quote]

And who can forget the kitchen of the 70s...
70h_gold_refrigerator_w190.jpg

I'm sure if it had been the Sears catalog and not JC Penney I would have recognized something out of it personally... The "Lemon Frog Shop" was IT (the pre-teen/teen's clothing section at Sears).

I remember one of my only fights with my mom over "stuff". I wanted REAL Earth Shoes, but she would only spring for the Sears knock-offs. Oh, the humiliation!

OMG.. "the Body Thing".. I remember the Body Thing (a unitard).
I HAD ONE (but not diamond-patterned, thank Heaven.. I think it was an unflattering brown):

It Came From the 1971 Sears Catalog: The Lemon Frog Shop

The "sixties' stuff" seems to have gone the distance in the UK/Ireland... persisting unabashed into the 1980s, '90s, until today. Really getting your money's worth. Good on 'ya!

Okay, those were honestly hilarious! I have only one picture that might qualify, but I'm thinking 1980 or so. It is an old slide that I scanned, so it isn't great quality. Yeah, I could have used a brush on that hair!

Attachments

• Sarah-&-Rebel.JPG
    Sarah-&-Rebel.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
I had a "terrycloth thingy" as well. It was not striped, but turquoise. Kind of a zip-up unitard/hot pants deal.

I think these items for men are what spurred the "Iron John" movement! Give me sweaty flannel and jeans anytime. Guys.. how did you ENDURE the seventies? Did you scorn or envy the fact that David Cassidy's hair was nicer than your girlfriend's?

Here I am in my seventies glory ! The picture is real grainy . I'm the one on the right with my Mom and daughter cicra late seventies .

Attachments

• washington 281.jpg
    washington 281.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 11
Great pics...I love seeing faces of my internet buds.

When I think about what I wore in the early 70's, my mind always goes to fishnet pantyhose and go go boots. (Well at least that's what they called them in the Midwest)

And of course.....hot pants! :eek: :-[ >:D :D

Back
Top Bottom