CNBC "Oil Special" - I was sucked in

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Saw an advert for a special live CNBC show on Oil. Watched it at 7PM central time last night. It started off with Maria Bartiromo, then flipped from live feed to live feed to live feed. In a few minutes, I felt like I was a ping pong ball being swatted between about 10 players.

Then it got worse. It became the "Dylan Radigan" show, with his usual mile-a-minute shouting that has a very low useful data rate. A few minutes of him, and I'm mocking him. You too can be a Dylan Radigan. Just watch him, and go "budda-budda-budda" as fast as you can. Repeat that phrase over and over rapid-fire, and watch the screen. You will actually be lip-synching with him!

If he had a guest on a feed that was trying to say something intelligent, and taking a reasonable time to do so, that was bad, switch to another person. The program's purpose seemed to be entertainment for speed freaks.

Like a fool, I continued to watch it, hoping it would get better. And it did! At the commercial break with about 10 minutes left, I muted the sound, and unexpectedly dozed off. I woke up just as the program ended. So the last 10 minutes were the best!

Note to self... don't bother watching anything on CNBC in prime time. Take nap instead. Much better. :D

I agree

Against my better judgement I decided to watch that special as well. It was nearly content free. What a joke. Will stick to PBS if I want to learn something about the oil crisis through my television set.

Telly, thanks for taking the time to write the review. What a riot!!

Back
Top Bottom