Ice road truckers

jIMOh

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is anyone here as fascinated as me about ice road truckers miniseries?

Sundays 9pm history channel

something about making 70k in 4 months is appealling to me, even if I have to drive multi ton loads over 36 inches if ice at -32 degrees F.

We watched the last series. For some reason I really enjoyed it, though I didn't like that one guy who seemed a bit pompous - Hughie, I think his name was. I really liked and admired the young guy Jay.

I must say it did not tempt me in any way to throw it all in and head north for the winter.

Yes, I have seen it. Pretty entertaining. I guess we are all waiting to see one of those trucks break through the ice.:eek: I think the new season starts soon.

Another one that is pretty good is the Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. I wonder why I watch these kind of shows? I sure don't plan to work this hard. In fact, I don't plan to work period.:D

Deadliest Catch made me want to do that for 1 day. Then I would be ok with going back to port and having a few drinks... :D:D:D

I love that series. I watched the entire marathon yesterday before catching the new season's premiere last night... I also love Deadliest Catch and Ax Men.

Last night? Crap. I hope they replay it during the week.

Every sunday 9pm.

You missed a little last night. Now instead of driving over lakes, they are driving further north over the ocean. They can drive faster on the thicker ice, but are also further away from help if something bad happens.

That Drew guy is a loser. How could you drive in -32 degree weather and forget to pack your winter jacket. Of course that one new driver doesn't even wear a jacket.

I watched it last year and watched the first episode this year. Seems like that guy Drew started off where he left off from last season. He is represented as not very forward leaning and what ever happens happens. Not aggressive at all. We have people like this in my organization. We rate them as "one of my Captains", not "my number X of X Captain." They fill the masses.

Tomcat98

Every sunday 9pm.

You missed a little last night. Now instead of driving over lakes, they are driving further north over the ocean. They can drive faster on the thicker ice, but are also further away from help if something bad happens.

That Drew guy is a loser. How could you drive in -32 degree weather and forget to pack your winter jacket. Of course that one new driver doesn't even wear a jacket.

I see where it is replayed on Wed at 10:00pm eastern time. I'll get my fix then. :)

Seen the show. I think those guys are nuts. Big brass ones, yes. But nuts. Can't spend that $70k frozen at the bottom of the lake.

And I don't do cold weather.

I watched last year but think I'm going to pass this year. I love the Deadlist Catch and watch it everytime its on. My wife just doesn't understand.

I watched it the other night, the first time for me. It was Ok but just a little too much HYPE from the producers to make you think it's a real competition. They even had a leader board showing the winnings. :p

The young guy getting stuck on the hill was a little overdone. He knew he probably wouldn't make it up with the chains and then at the last minute a bulldozer comes to the rescue. Interesting but a little over-hyped.

But it seemed like the money didn't work out that well, how many people actually got 70k, and was that after expenses? I was interested, too, but it seems like the payout isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Some interesting facts about the ice road. Be sure and click on the link at the end of the page for some real data about the number of truckloads each year.

Ice Road

Back
Top Bottom