Getting tv on my pc

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
Seems my mom will be on tv on Monday ,Dad says just before 7pm on Fox 13 Tampa Bay,evidently she just got a medal for something she did in the 2nd world war.It would be nice to watch the segment but Tampa is a long way from Montreal.What would i need to watch the news broadcast on my pc?

Apparently, that station does not make its video available on their website. The only other (AFIK) option would be to have someone (perhaps a member of this forum <hint, hint>) in the Tampa Bay area record the show (or that segment) and send the file to you. Oh! Maybe there is another way -- pay the station for a copy. Good luck.

Usually the activity making the award films the ceremony and then gives a tape/disk of it to the recipient. I know that does not help you "real time" but you may have a record for future use. Congratulations to your Mom; what is the award/medal for and why did it take over 60 years after the event? That would be interesting for some to know; I assume it is military related.

Usually the activity making the award films the ceremony and then gives a tape/disk of it to the recipient. I know that does not help you "real time" but you may have a record for future use. Congratulations to your Mom; what is the award/medal for and why did it take over 60 years after the event? That would be interesting for some to know; I assume it is military related.
The WW2 medal and certificate signed by the PM was sent to her from England for work she did in a branch of the British army called the Land Army which was comprised mostly of women,why they took 60yrs to give her and i presume her fellow land army buddies a medal is unknown to me.
Dad will definitely tape it and send me a copy.

The WW2 medal and certificate signed by the PM was sent to her from England for work she did in a branch of the British army called the Land Army which was comprised mostly of women,why they took 60yrs to give her and i presume her fellow land army buddies a medal is unknown to me.
Dad will definitely tape it and send me a copy.

Thanks for the additional information and again congratulations to your Mom. I guess the Brits can be as slow as the Yanks on this stuff sometimes. Glad they got around to it.

Back
Top Bottom