This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Bone chilling cold, snow, ice... Eugene, Oregon north. It can't go east fast enough.

Bone chilling cold, snow, ice... Eugene, Oregon north. It can't go east fast enough.

Don't worry about that Ice and Snow. If you've been in eugene more than a couple years, you know we'll get subfreezing temperatures and somehow it will still rain.

Bone chilling rain. It's gonna be our friend 'til june.

Here in greater Cleveland it is -19 degrees with a 30mph wind. Went out for a Christmas party and I thought I'd die!

Visiting Chicago. -5 F this morning with a blowing wind. Lots of fun. The windshield washer froze up on our rental car. And I wanted to go to Hawaii and DW overruled it.

Right now: 7F wind 15 gusting to 30

Dayton OH

Colder than a well digger's belt buckle

Last edited:
This weather is awful!!

It is awful. Played golf Friday and Saturday in shorts. Today, had to put on sweats and no golf. DD(damn dog) snuggled up next to the fire right now. :)

Sorry guys, central Florida was in the 80's today. Since we just had our new pool completed it was the first day we swam in it. We had the grand kids over and had a barbacue.

Ice 1/2" thick on everything up in Independence - tree branches coming down all around - got the next door neighbors car this morning. (see post here: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f38/winter-wonderland-41290-2.html) We lost the top of a small birch next to our house just now. Tenant 13 miles north in West Salem reports 5 inches of snow w/ ice on top. Portland? Fugeddaboudit!

Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho region. Sub zero temps, high winds and over 30" of snow in places. Time to plan a trip to warmer places.

Sorry guys, central Florida was in the 80's today. Since we just had our new pool completed it was the first day we swam in it. We had the grand kids over and had a barbacue.
Congratulations on the completion of your new pool. Some day you may be able to look at it and not think "We could live for a year on what that thing cost. What the hell was I thinking!!!" :D

Here, I'll do it for you. I'm good at it.
img_762568_0_63a18a1c7f3248ff7f22ad65f253b77c.gif

Yes, dreadful here, too, 49 degrees, expecting a low of 47 tonight, high 52 tomorrow and weatherpersons say it will continue raining through Monday, the sun will come out on Tues. and Wed., clouds return on Thursday. And this is only the first day of winter.

terrible and things failing...

In addition to falling on the ice yesterday and hurting bad today from the fall now the main drive gear in my garage door opener broke today due to the cold. A big heavy door now to open only by hand. Now can I get a spare part before Christmas:confused:? Wasn't fun standing on a ladder in the extreme cold to take the thing apart.

Tonight we are projected to hit temp of -22 degrees F with a wind chill of almost - 50 degrees F. Wonder what else will break?

This is far too cold for anyone and too early the winter....should move our plans up to get out of hear and head South sooner vs. later!

We hit 80 for the last two days, didn't get over 45 today and should get down around 25 tonight.

My mom lives in the Willamette Valley of Oregon and she's basically "cocooning" herself at home until it passes and she can drive without ice..

Stay safe, everyone. Hope this thing moves on and things warm up.

We understand severe weather very well down here. Not so funny and nobody owns "gloating rights" anywhere. Blizzards, ice, fires, earthquakes, mudslides, tornados, floods. You can run but you can't hide.

As if to prove the point, we are leaving the week after next to spend New Years week with our kids in Missouri. Current temperature there: 6 degrees.

In addition to falling on the ice yesterday and hurting bad today from the fall now the main drive gear in my garage door opener broke today due to the cold.

Sorry about your fall.

One good thing about the cold is that it just might get the NG price back up.

As for me here in Seattle, I am doing fine and basically enjoying the change. I haven't taken my car out, and won't.

My Friday date gave me props for all the effort I exerted just to show up. I need more of these easy set-ups. A lot of stuff I can't do, but walk through the snow is something I can do. :)

Ha

My brother, who lives in New Hampshire, has been without power for over a week!

Last night it was so warm here I only needed a light sweater to go out. Today, though, it's gotten pretty chilly! 36 degrees right now. Going down to 17 tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Yes it is very bad weather. We go back and forth between 6 inches of snow and below 0 temps. Windchill was -30 this morning. You know it's cold when you have to scrap the inside of your windshield when your done with the outside. 30 inches of snow and it's not even Christmas yet.

Last week we were in Los Altos (where it was rainy and chilly) looking after two of the grand-children. As we prepared them for our departure to Seattle the 4-year old told us that his parents could buy the house next door so that we could move and not worry about frozen pipes. Love that kid!

This cold and snow is very unusual. I worry about our son and his family who live on a floating home near Portland.

We just took a walk around a couple blocks by our house - tree limbs coming down pretty nonstop - note a pic taken on our way out then heard a crack and took a pic on our way back:

Attachments

• DSCN0819.jpg
    DSCN0819.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0808.jpg
    DSCN0808.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0810.jpg
    DSCN0810.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0832.jpg
    DSCN0832.jpg