Free chicken

We had it last week. It's satisfactory and a bit healthier than the original. The coupon gives me a reason to get more of their coleslaw!

I just got back from this. Mmmm... delicious free chicken. I had the tiniest drumstick today that I have ever seen in my life. I have seen quail drumsticks that were this big (well, almost). Maybe 1/2 oz of meat on it. And the stingy manager made sure to give us the smallest, ugliest pieces of chicken as well. They actually put some good pieces on the plate, then the manager made them take it back and put two crappy pieces on the plate. This is at the crappy KFC/Taco bell that I never go to because I hate them and I have a blood feud vendetta with them (because of crap like they pulled today). So we went to the good taco bell/kfc just down the road, but they were closed for the day. Alas, I wanted my free chicken so we went to the crappy KFC/Taco Bell. At least it was free! :)

And you get a free biscuit, free slaw and free mashed taters with it.

I still have 6 more coupons so looks like I might be taking the family out tonight!! :)

Regarding the grilled KFC flavor vs. regular, I liked it just as well. I usually don't eat the skin anyway, so it was just as greasy and unhealthy as always. I didn't notice any reduction in greasiness vs. fried. My go-to fried chicken place in the rare occasion I get fried chicken is Bojangle's. It kicks the crap out of KFC on every level (quality, quantity, price, soul, employee competency and attitude).

"Free" is always a pretty good deal!

Will definitely print out that coupon--thanks, NML!!!

I get a killer KFC craving about once a month. :whistle:
If I'm feeling like a total unpaid kitchen slave ;) and decide to revolt, I text dh2b and he happily brings home the bucket. We get 2 meals out of the family size bucket meal deal or whatever it's called. Then we go back to our usual healthy eating habits.
Their Twister wraps are actually very good. I always order the Tender Roast chicken version.

I'll be darned...Nutritional stats are here for entire menu
http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition_april09.pdf

Otherwise, I avoid the place. Fried chicken and my waistline are not a good combo. :nonono:

Back in college ('77-'78) I was working at a KFC, and I sent in a suggestion that they start a line of roasted chicken. I'm expecting my royalty check any time now. :whistle:

Their coleslaw is the bomb! They must put a lot of sugar in it? I once bought a couple of tubs of it, rinsed some of the sugar out of one of the tubs, mixed the two tubs together into a Tupperware bowl, voila, my dish for the potluck at work. Honestly, someone asked for the recipe.:whistle:

Their coleslaw is the bomb! They must put a lot of sugar in it? I once bought a couple of tubs of it, rinsed some of the sugar out of one of the tubs, mixed the two tubs together into a Tupperware bowl, voila, my dish for the potluck at work. Honestly, someone asked for the recipe.:whistle:

My SIL does this every year at Thanksgiving.:whistle:

Actually, there are "copycat" coleslaw recipes on the web. I made one once, and it came out great - just like KFC. I remember it used buttermilk and lemon (I wasn't expecting that). This might have been the version I made:

Copy Cat Kentucky Fried Chicken Cole Slaw Recipe

we did the free dinner last night at one of the local Kfcs. Its not bad and the price was right. We did have to wait about 15min in line.

KFC Cancels Free Chicken Deal After Oprah Promo

A free grilled-chicken meal promotion touted by the popular talk show host has caused such a frenzy that a few stores ran out and the Louisville-based chain is asking customers to take a rain check for the deal.
"For the last day and a half, our restaurants have just been absolutely inundated," KFC President Roger Eaton said in an interview Thursday with The Associated Press. "It's just been overwhelming."
Lines snaked outside some KFC restaurants and cars stacked up at drive-through windows as people waited to redeem the coupons available on Oprah.com for 24 hours this week, he said. The coupons also were available until late Wednesday on unthinkfc.com _ a KFC Web site promoting the new grilled chicken.

If you have the coupon for the free meal, don't bother going because you won't get it this trip. Now you have to fill out a paper with name, address etc. and they claim they will mail you a rain check. There were six people in front of us in line, all with coupons, when it was announced and it got ugly fast. There was much swearing and cries of "rip-off"! The manager claimed there had been many bogus coupons and they were merely combating that.

This seems to be a rip off also... and someone at HQ should have thought of that when doing it...

I got one free lunch... the problem is I got 7 more... I was going to take my family out which would take 4... and give a couple to my sister who's computer would not print them...

All mine are 'original', not copied... they have the bar code like it says... a unique number etc... now, if I spend 44 cents to mail in my coupons... I am supposed to get a coupon for up to 4 meals with a Pepsi... what about my other coupons?? and I do not LIKE Pepsi (or any of the drinks there as they have sugar or caffine).. and when am I to get these? How long do I have to use them?

KFC blew it IMO... they will go down a few pegs on my places to visit... maybe even on the list "not to visit unless there are no other options"...

Got some frugal types here.

KFC - Unthink what you thought about KFC

Ive never tried it.

Thanks for the tip. I had my dinner today. It was good and it came with a soft drink.

Tried to use the coupons in May/June but they would not honor them. They told me they were swamped by the promotion and that they would mail me rain checks if I would just give them the coupons.
It took a while, but sure enough they sent the coupons for a specific 2 week time period.
Wanted to be sure I got the dinner before I did the write up.

Free to canoe

When I get a craving for a whole crispy chicken, I pick up a rotisserie chicken at my grocery store. They are really good. I don't think I could cook a chicken that tasted that good at home...they have the spices right and the meat practically falls off the bones. They are not big but I get 4 meals out of one. I don't bother with the sides they sell. I have a piece of fresh fruit instead. I picked one up today as it was 84 degrees today, didn't feel like cooking anything.

KFC uses mostly 6-7 week old chickens,thats why the bones are so small and there's hardly any white meat.The pic is of a 7 week old.

Attachments

• chicken1.jpg
    chicken1.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom