In the home stretch

robcanuck

Dryer sheet aficionado
Well, just 5 weeks to go - June 26 is my last day.

My partner and I just returned from a fabulous vacation in Japan. People were great, awesome scenery and delicious food. (I'll post some pix in the travel section). Almost recovered from the jet lag.

Here at the office, I have one final labour arbitration hearing during the first week of June. Then it's file clean up and transfer to other counsel.

Couldn't convince my colleagues to do away with the farewell party. But they assure me it's going to be low-key - a BBQ at the boss's home and limited to our work group. I did get their agreement on "no gift" - they are going to make a charitable donation instead.

Looking forward to having the entire summer "off" - first one since university!

Rob

Well, congrats Rob! I'll mark my calendar and on June 26th I'll make a toast to ya.....:flowers:

This Canada Day will be your best ever!

Good to see you in the Life After FIRE section. Looking forward to the details of the next few weeks. I remember I didn't get too much "what will you do" guff from lawyers; one went into a long legal-style argument :D about how he'd like to retire now but can't just yet.

More than four year since ER date. I still remember the thrill iof the last weeks on the job and the anticipation of DDay. I´d love to relive those moments!

Congrats, robcanuck. Someday I'll also be 5 weeks from the Day, and I'm counting on my share of the emotion and thrills you and Vicente described.

Almost there...you're gonna love being FIREd. :D

The winner was #5 by about 2 lengths...what a coincidence (5 weeks to go)
Check out the horse's name at 2:43 into the video.

Back
Top Bottom