Canker sores in throat?

Bimmerbill

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
OK, been a few months now and I seem to be getting recurring cancer sores on the back of my throat. I used to occasionally get them inside my lip, but never on my throat. I even have one on my gum and it hurts!

Doing some reading it seems they are triggered by stress, lack of sleep, etc. Also B12/Zinc issues. Mostly caused by allergies to food or citrus fruits. I have no known allergies... Been using the same toothpaste forever too.

Anyone else get this? I have been getting swollen lymph nodes in my neck off and on for a while now. It is getting better so my doc wasn't too concerned. Thought I may have had mono. That would explain the weight loss and night sweats. Both have stopped.

Anyone got any hints for home remedies? Even 400mg of advil doesn't seem to give much relief. I'm starting to get worried...

Bill

I have found that pressing a paste of baking soda on a cankor sore for ten or more minutes, once or twice a day, helps relieve the pain and seems to speed healing. I'm not sure whether this approach would work for a cankor sore at the back of the throat.

Could be the herp. Herpes simplex virus?

I've never had canker sores in the back of my throat, but I've had plenty of sore throats. You need to go the doc and get some relief. Until then, try drinking iced tea through a straw and avoid spicy foods. I don't know if the tea will help heal the sores, but it will feel good.

Gargle with 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 1 aspirin in 1/2 glass warm water (aspirin will dissolve).

I get something like that on the roof of my mouth if I eat hard crusted bread, once the skin there gets scratched. It is painful.

Yeah, I have some Iced tea right now. Got some B12 and zinc too.
Had a stuffy nose, watery/stingy eyes too. So, it sounds like allergies, but never had them. No clue what is causing it tho!

Was looking for something called Amosan, but didnt have it here at the NEX. May have to hit a drug store.

chlorseptic spray can be a great help for temporary relief.

Doc told me I had a virus. Then sent me home. Worst part was waiting in the waiting room as they were running 45 minutes behind. All those sick people coughing...

Not sure why it keeps coming back. But, I plan to disinfect my retainers, swap out tooth brushes, etc. Just to be on the safe side.

Doc told me I had a virus. Then sent me home. Worst part was waiting in the waiting room as they were running 45 minutes behind. All those sick people coughing...

Not sure why it keeps coming back. But, I plan to disinfect my retainers, swap out tooth brushes, etc. Just to be on the safe side.

And don't kiss DW (or anyone else) as you may be infectious.

Back
Top Bottom