Old fartitudiness

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
I have heard a couple of times young people yelling "Marco" and "Polo" back and forth at each other. Where is this coming from? Does it mean anything?

Feel free to share your own aging experiences :)

Maybe they were playing Marco Polo? We used to play that back in the late 1950's and early 1960's...

Last edited:
Martha said:
Feel free to share your own aging experiences :)

I heard the word "sick" the other day. Apparently it means "sweet" that used to mean "cool" that once was "groovy".

I'm old.

That's a game played in a swimming pool. The person who's "IT" has to keep their eyes closed. They yell "Marco" and others in the pool respond "POLO." The person who's "IT" must tag someone using sound to locate them. :D

Marco Polo is far from a new generation game. Martha, I suppose there weren't a lot of back yard pools up in N Minn when you were growing up, eh? ;)

Marco Polo is far from a new generation game. Martha, I suppose there weren't a lot of back yard pools up in N Minn when you were growing up, eh? ;)

Minnesota is full of pools. Just the pools are so big you probably couldn't hear the Marco. ;)

I never thought of that. That was a pool game was I was pre-teen. About the same time we played kick-the-can and mother-may-I in the street.

I take it these kids that Martha was quoting are not exactly hipsters?

Ha

I have heard a couple of times young people yelling "Marco" and "Polo" back and forth at each other. Where is this coming from? Does it mean anything?
UrbanDictionary.com claims that it's:
The act of trying to locate your own misplaced cell phone by calling yourself [from another phone].

The act of trying to locate your own misplaced cell phone by calling yourself [from another phone].
Umm... I have never done that..... nope. :whistle: :angel:

:LOL:

Maybe the original source is the pool game you guys are talking about. Sort of like tag as you folks suggest. The young people were yelling back and forth just on the street. Acknowledging your friends? And yes, there aren't outdoor pools around here and I never was even in a pool until a few years ago.

See, that's why I keep the landline. :D

ta,
mew

Just use a hot tub. You cant tell.

If you can't tell, perhaps it means you need to clean the water in the hot tub more often.

freebird....that video is a rip snorter! :LOL: Of course I had to get over the creeped out feeling of that moon...........:eek:

SO and I picked it up from "Three and a Half Men." We old farts took to it like fish to [-]water, swimming pools[/-], the Malibu beach, and say it often just for fun. Charlie and his stalker (the hilarious Rose) do it often, always strikes us funny. It's definitely advantageous to know where your stalker is.:cool:

freebird....that video is a rip snorter! :LOL: Of course I had to get over the creeped out feeling of that moon...........:eek:
I think Mr. Moon likes yooooooooooooooooooo...

Did you like the translation halfway through? Watch it again and read the lyrics below the moon man.

I'm glad someone else asked what Marco Polo is as I did the same just last week. Never heard of it when I was a kid...darn.

I think Mr. Moon likes yooooooooooooooooooo...

Did you like the translation halfway through? Watch it again and read the lyrics below the moon man.
Woo Hoo...I've been mooned. :greetings10: Yes, I saw the translation....:angel:

I felt like a real old fart a few weeks ago when my niece wanted to add me to her Twitter list. "Sorry, Aunt Purron doesn't twit.":blush:

Back
Top Bottom