Urban Times

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Like most sports fans, I was stunned to hear the Coach Myers was leaving one of the best coaching jobs in the country due to health reasons. He's a smart guy to put it all behind him and try to live a "normal" life with his family. I do not think that many coaches are prepared to make this decision but my hat is off to Urban.

As an aside, I find the choice of his replacement so soon a smart and interesting choice "until Myers return."

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Urban Meyer will not step down but instead will take an indefinite leave of absence, a Florida source confirmed to SI.com Sunday afternoon. Offensive coordinator Steve Addazio will serve as the Gators' interim coach until Meyer's return, the source said.
Meyer is expected to discuss his decision at a news conference in New Orleans at approximately 4:30 p.m. ET.
Meyer stunned the college football world Saturday when he announced he would leave Florida after five seasons because of concerns for his health. Meyer was rushed to a Gainesville hospital Dec. 6 after suffering major chest pain. He told multiple media outlets Saturday that the scare made him re-evaluate his priorities, and he decided this past weekend that he would step down.

All the men in SO's family are in mourning . They are diehard Gator fans and they love Urban .

Back
Top Bottom