I Think I Found My Early-Retirement Anthem

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not that I was looking for one, or thought I needed one, but I came across this song, and I think it is IT!

YouTube - ‪Lindisfarne - Born at the Right Time (Live)‬‏

Warning, it's a catchy tune!

"And so I'm wishin' we'll all see better days,
my secret feelin' is I'm happy in my ways
And a smile comes on me thinkin' of the past,
but I won't sigh, for days gone by, now is where I'm at."

Have you other retired folks come up with one you like?

Have you other retired folks come up with one you like?
Mostly Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good To Me So Far"...

I also espouse some of the more thoughtful philosophical ruminations found in KISS' "Rock & Roll All Night".

Yeah, it does feel that retirement prospects are more and more tied to being around and working before they started eroding for younger generations...

i kind think the John Lennon song "Watching The Wheels"

People say I'm crazy, doing what I'm doing.

Well, they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin.

When I say that I'm okay, well, they look at me kinda strange."Surely, your not happy now, you no longer play the game."

People say I'm lazy, dreaming my life away.Well, they give me all kinda of advice designed to enlighten me.

When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall."Don't you miss the big time, boy. You're no longer on the ball.

"I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.I really love to watch them roll.No longer riding on the merry-go-round.I just had to let it go.Ahhh...

People ask me questions, lost in confusion.Well, I tell them there's no problem, only solutions.Well, they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind.I tell them there's no hurry,

I'm just sitting here doing time.I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.I really love to watch them roll.No longer riding on the marry-go-round.I just had to let it go.I just had to let it go.

I just had to let it goooooo.

Back
Top Bottom