Do you get grumpier as you age?

zxcvlkj

Dryer sheet wannabe
majority of retirees here have been kind and helpful. however, there has been a couple that seemed irritated with some of my questions.

which leads to this question, do you get grumpier the older you get or is it a myth?

Last edited:
myth
now shut up and get off my lawn!

I think all it is that the older you get the more your true personality comes out. If you were a jerk when you were younger and held it in, as you get older you just don't hold it in as much! :D

Nope, we're all kind and helpful, and less grumpy as we age. Seems the quality of replies depend almost entirely on the quality of questions asked...

majority of retirees here have been kind and helpful. however, there has been a couple that seemed irritated with some of my questions.

which leads to this question, do you get grumpier the older you get or is it a myth?

The degree to which people get grumpier as they get older is directly proportional to the number of aches and pains that surface over the same time period.

I think that a lot of people get grumpier as they get older, because the world is changing and they are not. So they (we) wish things were the same as when we were kids. They older they(we) get, the worse it gets.

When I was a kid, we didn't dare get on peoples' lawns! :LOL: Kids these days!

I've noticed that as people age they are pretty much like they always were only more so. So if you were a little grumpy when you were younger, you might be getting pretty darn grumpy by now. I know a few of my relatives fit this theory.

When I was working I didn't have time to be grumpy about the little things. Now I have plenty of time!:mad:

Nope, never suffered fools gladly.

I think my avatar answers this question

My mother used to say that older people get "set in their ways". In other words, nice people get nicer, grumpy people get grumpier.......I always try to be nice......but it doesn't come naturally to me. And, every group most likely will have some of both.

Get off my lawn!!!!

I noticed that I have more patience now and became less grumpy.
And I have more tolerance to things that irritate me and just ignore them.
I am grumpy when I can not read or pronounce a name.:)

I am certainly more cynical than I used to be, but I still try to inject humor into it when I am being that way. I try to not do it while forum posting though, because it always comes off worse when you don't have the light hearted facial expressions to show your true meaning behind the comment. Some on here can pull it off quite well and it makes for more lively reading.

I think, at least for me, that my grumpiness and short temper are the results of aches and pains that seem to plague me most of the time. I'm also to the age where I don't suffer fools well--especially bosses and coworkers. Fortunately I was at the stage in my life and with my finances where I could walk away--and I did.
Prof12

I once asked my closest friend that same thing, work related. He looked at me, smiled, put his arm around my shoulder, and said "dude, it's not the questions that irritate them, it's you".

+1@ Gypsy Ed.

My awful commute to work made me grumpy so simply getting rid of that by ERing made me less grumpy.

Back
Top Bottom