R.I.P. Chris Kyle

utrecht

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you don't know who Chris Kyle is, Google him. He is the very definition of a true American hero and the word "badass" doesn't do him justice. He was a SEAL for 10 years and is the deadliest sniper in US history. He won 2 silver stars and 5 bronze stars among many other awards. He was shot twice and hit by IEDs 5-6 times.

His book "American Sniper" was #1 on the NY Times bestseller list. He donated every red cent from the book to the widows of 2 of his fallen SEAL buddies. I have a co-worker who was a very good friend and business partner of his and he personally watched him endorse a check for $1.6 million to the widows and that was just one royalty check.

Of all ways to die, he was murdered yesterday volunteering his time in a program that mentors and counsels ex-service members who suffer from PTSD. Apparently someone decided part of the program should be to take people with PTSD to a shooting range, and this ex-marine snapped and shot Chris and another guy while they were trying to help him.

Sad to see this true American hero go down leaving behind a wife and two young kids. RIP

Mental health services for veterans returning from combat zones are so needed and yet so shamefully inadequate.

Last edited:
RIP. A damn high price to pay for tying to help.

I have helped vets in the past. However, I have alway been vary. And still am. Especially around ones with known PTSD. The fact that I am with felow veterans does not mean I am amongst friends.

A shocking and sad end.
Hard to believe anyone didn't stop to consider this could be a very bad idea.
Of course, the thing is, that sort of danger doesn't stop the kind of person who did what Mr. Kyle did. Some might say the definition of a "hero" is someone who would knowingly risk their own safety to do what they thought was right for the greater good.

Of course, the thing is, that sort of danger doesn't stop the kind of person who did what Mr. Kyle did. Some might say the definition of a "hero" is someone who would knowingly risk their own safety to do what they thought was right for the greater good.

I was deeply sadden to hear of his tragic death. I am sure Utrecht friend is even more upset. I had no idea he donated all of the proceeds of Sniper to charity. What a mensch. I will definitely put Sniper on my reading list.

The memorial service is being held in the 80,000+ seat Cowboy Stadium. That should give everyone an idea how well respected he was.

Just want to add my +1. This is so sad. And he was a true man as well as American hero. RIP Chris Kyle.

The memorial service is being held in the 80,000+ seat Cowboy Stadium. That should give everyone an idea how well respected he was.

80,000 people for anyone's funeral is remarkable. But for a man who never appeared on American Idol stage, made it to a Superbowl, or a played a super hero on the big screen, held a political office pretty much unheard of it.

Nice to see the folks in Dallas have their priorities in order.

Back
Top Bottom