Amazon Dash

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Wow...they just keep rocking this stuff out. They are about to release a new product to Prime members. Basically, they are buttons you attach wherever (The website has Tide detergent as an example) and when you run low, you push the button and that product will be delivered. Talk about easy to separate you from your cash!!!

I do think I need to sell some of my AAPL and buy some Amazon.

My dog will be ecstatic if there's such a button near his food bowl.

And the dumbing down continues. Keeping a grocery list is too hard?

And the dumbing down continues. Keeping a grocery list is too hard?

Don't see it like that at all. It's a convenience thing, kind of cool.....Use it/like it or not I give them a A for constant innovation.

Don't see it like that at all. It's a convenience thing, kind of cool.....Use it/like it or not I give them a A for constant innovation.

Well, there is that, it is kinda cool. But it just struck me that DW's grandniece may one day ask "Grocery list? What's that?"

"You mean, you had to actually control your car with your hands and feet? How quaint!"

Well, there is that, it is kinda cool. But it just struck me that DW's grandniece may one day ask "Grocery list? What's that?"

"You mean, you had to actually control your car with your hands and feet? How quaint!"

This. I think the innovation that Amazon is absolutely amazing. Perhaps they should be AMAZING instead of AMAZON. Where Apple has really been languishing over the last few years in the innovation world, Amazon is well...man, there is some talent over there.

Got a point there. There is going to be more and more of that kind of stuff.......

It's all about creating what's been termed a "frictionless spending" society -- based on the idea that removing thought and effort from the buying process leads to more spending.

Wow, I really thought it was an April Fools announcement.

It sounds like this encourages the customer to just push the button to reorder without checking on prices. They will help us spend all that money we have saved over the years.

Amazon is testing drones in BC. They won't say where, because they don't want any competitors spying.

Amazon is testing drones in BC. They won't say where, because they don't want any competitors spying.

They are doing this in England as well. A former cow*rker of mine has been over there for the last six months doing test and evaluation on some of the systems. What little bit he has shared about it is pretty amazing.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

It is cool, but it's too bad you need one button/fob for each product. You'd need a whole panel full of these things to make it practical. (Oh crap, where did I leave that button to order more light bulbs?)

Otherwise, you push the button for 3 things and then go online to order the rest of the stuff.

Maybe a wheel on the button where you can switch to different products?

It is cool, but it's too bad you need one button/fob for each product. You'd need a whole panel full of these things to make it practical. (Oh crap, where did I leave that button to order more light bulbs?)

Otherwise, you push the button for 3 things and then go online to order the rest of the stuff.

Maybe a wheel on the button where you can switch to different products?

you can say, or scan the product.
https://fresh.amazon.com/dash/

Reminds me of the PSW/2 bar code scanner that I've had for 10+ years. Not wireless, but works flawlessly. It was part of a financial advice program
that was supposed to be cutting edge. You could interface with a product code site, and produce a grocery shopping list.

Edit... found it... link to the "cue cat"... $4.99 :)
http://www.neuton.net/shop/viewitem.php?productid=22

Last edited:
I thought the subscription did just that but without the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Or... "You actually flew on a plane with a live pilot?"

Reminds me of the PSW/2 bar code scanner that I've had for 10+ years. Not wireless, but works flawlessly. It was part of a financial advice program
that was supposed to be cutting edge. You could interface with a product code site, and produce a grocery shopping list.

Edit... found it... link to the "cue cat"... $4.99 :)
Neuton Data Systems - School Library Automation - Cue Cat (Wand Style) Barcode Scanner

We also had one of those cue cats, it was for the Radio Shack catalog.
http://tag.microsoft.com/community/blog/t/the_rise_and_fall_of_cuecat.aspx

I haven't been able to use hi-beams for 30 blankity blank years.:)

It sounds like this encourages the customer to just push the button to reorder without checking on prices. They will help us spend all that money we have saved over the years.

It's all about creating what's been termed a "frictionless spending" society -- based on the idea that removing thought and effort from the buying process leads to more spending.

I think Amazon is after frictionless high margin spending. If I'm not comparing prices and features (value) either online or at a B&M store, the margins can be higher. And, incidentally, innovation overall decreases.

Amazon has done some tremendous innovation and made some amazing stuff. Maybe someday they'll make something really amazing--money.

amzn-chart_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom