Happy Monday!

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just wanted to wish my early retired friends a very happy Monday! The longer I'm retired, the more I am appreciating this day of the week. I got out of bed fairly early (with no alarm of course) and have been sitting on the deck enjoying the crisp air and beautiful sunrise. I particularly enjoy the sound of commuters in the far distance...this is the only time of day that you can hear the traffic and I'm glad to not be part of it!

For those that are still w#rking, keep at your goals...it will be worth it...I promise!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

I second that! I've been awake for three hours but haven't yet done anything but putter about the house. It sure beats a w*rking Monday morning.

It's Monday? I've done a lot already. Let the dogs out. Had a yogurt. Watched momma Kildeer and her 3 chicks running through the driveway.

🐑

Happy Monday back to you. But Mondays here are brutal - I have to take the garbage out for garbage pickup at the street. It's almost like I have to still work on Mondays.

If you know it is Monday, you have not been retired long enough.

Somehow the concept of weekend conjures up lineups at registers everywhere!

OK so it is time to shop, eat out and go to the movies!

If you know it is Monday, you have not been retired long enough.

Somehow the concept of weekend conjures up lineups at registers everywhere!

OK so it is time to shop, eat out and go to the movies!

Well, it's easy for me to figure it out since my DW is out of the house by 7:30! :D And besides...I have a clock in case I *need* to figure out what day it is.

Fridays are trash day for me and yep...tough to remember. More than a few times I have either missed it all together or about killed myself taking it out when I hear the truck a couple of streets over.

Weekends? Hate 'em. Traffic is terrible, shoppers everywhere (thankfully I am NOT a shopper of anything except groceries which is usually a Monday or Tuesday chore) and the parks/outdoor areas are overloaded with brat children and just really annoying people.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Still amazed at how I ever found to time to work... I enjoy knowing that the co-workers I left behind have no idea how good life 2.0 is. Hopefully, one day they will figure it out and start a plan.

I love Mondays. When I first retired, I used to watch the morning traffic report on TV and feel guilty that it made me happy to do so. Now, I am seldom awake early enough to do that.

I know it's a Monday, because:

1) I took the pills in the "M" section of my day-of-the-week pill container
2) I need to take the trash out tonight, since it is picked up on Tuesday before I awaken
3) It's gym day for us
4) no more weekend traffic or crowded stores

I'm sure there are other reasons!

I love Mondays. When I first retired, I used to watch the morning traffic report on TV and feel guilty that it made me happy to do so. Now, I am seldom awake early enough to do that.

I know it's a Monday, because:

1) I took the pills in the "M" section of my day-of-the-week pill container
2) I need to take the trash out tonight, since it is picked up on Tuesday before I awaken
3) It's gym day for us
4) no more weekend traffic or crowded stores

I'm sure there are other reasons!

On occasion, I will tune into the local government channel that shows a CCTV feed of the busiest intersections during rush hour...and I do feel a little (very little!) bad for the folks stuck in it but I can't help but grin since I'm not! I don't watch very long though..It's too depressing.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

I'm sitting in the kitchen nook sipping the last of the morning coffee, watching the scrub jays scramble for the bread bits I left in different spots in the backyard, while some jazz softly plays on the music system.

I may do some gardening later today...or not....

When I first retired, I used to watch the morning traffic report on TV and feel guilty....

Oh, we watched the traffic reports and never felt a bit guilty. In fact, we gloated. Maybe we're just insensitive to the plight of those poor unfortunate souls who still have to work.:LOL:

When I went out to get a haircut this morning there was one other guy in the shop. I made the mistake of going in on a Saturday once (forgot what day it was) and it looked like an hour wait so I just left and came back on a weekday.

Still, I have to keep track of what day of the week it is. The grocery stores can't sell wine before 1:00 PM on Sundays and I wouldn't want to waste a grocery run.

Last edited:
I like to walk in the morning, usually around rush hour, and live in an urban area, so there's lots of traffic and long lines at lights. No guilt here as I walk by, although I do feel bad for some. They look so stressed :(

I have a good view over I-80 from my kitchen table. So when I look out while eating breakfast in the morning (usually around 9:00 am), I am grateful not to be sitting in the perpetually bad morning traffic coming into the city. No guilt though.:D

I have a good view over I-80 from my kitchen table. So when I look out while eating breakfast in the morning (usually around 9:00 am), I am grateful not to be sitting in the perpetually bad morning traffic coming into the city. No guilt though.:D

This is the view from my backyard:
Sunrise-2-3-15.jpg

But on a weekday morning, I can hear the traffic of the I-15 freeway 4 miles away to the east (left).

No guilt here, either!:D

What's a Monday?

BBQNUT - Your just showing off with that photo. Looks beautiful

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

This is the view from my backyard:
Sunrise-2-3-15.jpg

But on a weekday morning, I can hear the traffic of the I-15 freeway 4 miles away to the east (left).

No guilt here, either!:D

That is amazing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom