Quick Read: 10 Rules for a Happy Retirement

We haven't stopped acquiring stuff yet. DW and I both like to add the occasional piece of art that we come across for our enjoyment at home, and I also add to the rock and mineral collection.

I agree with others: retire to something, but let your plans be flexible.
We retired to travel, spent the last 10 years seeing the country in our RV, mostly the west. Then bought a mountain cabin and are enjoying that immensely in the summer and couple months in the winter. We're more active there and have made great friends.

We have gotten dead stopped stuck twice due to wrecks... Had a blast pulled out chairs, banjo and once the grill and cooler...

It's been a long time since I've heard a banjo in person - and never, ever, in a traffic jam. I need to get out more . . .

We have gotten dead stopped stuck twice due to wrecks... Had a blast pulled out chairs, banjo and once the grill and cooler...

If I had to be stopped in traffic, that's the kind of back up I want to be a part of! :)

Sometimes the things we “retire to” are simple ones like peace, quiet, lower blood pressure, less aggravation, and greater control over one’s time.

One can never have too much art and pretty rocks!

We haven't stopped acquiring stuff yet. DW and I both like to add the occasional piece of art that we come across for our enjoyment at home, and I also add to the rock and mineral collection.

The "rules" make sense to me. I can see aspects of my joyful retirement reflected in them. Many of them I thought about before retiring, or were a motivation for retiring, so that has certainly helped :).

Back
Top Bottom