ideas for creative business cards

dirt_dobber

Recycles dryer sheets
I would like to hear (read?) your idea for creative business cards.

I DO NOT have a current business but it would sure be handy to hand someone a card when you meet them.

For example I met a guy in the neighborhood who has a classic car and our interests were very similar. He gave me a card that had Name/Address/email etc so if I come across anything he would be interested in - to give him a call or email. I thought that was a great idea and I have met many others where it would have been convienent to just hand them a card with pertinent info.

I have seen a few "thread signatures" that are good canidates for this.

Creative is the key to being remembered. You can even incorporate a hobby into your card so you can get new acquaintances to do them with. Or make extra money. Just be sure to spell the words right...

Here is one I came across a while ago.
31234-albums192-picture1329.jpg

Creative is the key to being remembered. You can even incorporate a hobby into your card so you can get new acquaintances to do them with. Or make extra money. Just be sure to spell the words right...]

thanks - this is the kind of advice and examples of what I am seeking.

It would be convenient to have a card to hand out with your basic information, name, address, e-mail and phone numbers.

When we were full timing in our Newell motorhome we had cards made from Vista that had a picture of our Newell along with our names, phone number, and email address. Nice to exchange cards when meeting someone you would like to get together with again. And to be able and remember names later on....

It would be convenient to have a card to hand out with your basic information, name, address, e-mail and phone numbers.

This must be one of those YMMV things because mine sure does. Now that I am retired, I am more inclined to make an effort to AVOID disseminating information like that, than to voluntarily pass out business cards. :D

Honestly it is a rare day when I want to give out any contact info to somebody that doesn't already have it. Less than once/year, probably.

Of course businesses are always trying to pry that info out of me. Usually I am filling out a form when I have to provide it for them, so a business card would be useless in that situation, too.

I've been meaning to do this since a recent move and many new people to meet.

I had my old business cards, but that's not what I do anymore and being ER there's the frequent question "What do you do?".

I think of it as reviving the old custom: "calling cards". You can have some fun with it! And be sure they're classy.

Travelers use these a lot. When we were on the boat, most folks had "boat cards" with a line drawing or photo of their boat, their names, and an email addy or phone number.
When we traveled in the bus, we had little cards made up that had our website, a photo, and our names. Blank on the back for notes or whatever.

I've done this ever since I retired, and always keep two or three cards in my wallet. It's rare that I want to give one to somebody, but it's so convenient when I do. Often I'll want to get their info as well, and they will ask for another of my cards so they can write their details on the back for me.

Another good use is when you have to give details to a new doctor or other business. Just hand a card to the person instead of trying to dictate it. Since my name is quite difficult to spell, we both appreciate it.

I use VistaPrint. Not the cheapest, but they make it easy and have high quality cards. Just had to get new ones earlier this year, since we moved to a new address. Just standard business cards, nothing creative, but handy to have.

I actually suggest doing it as a "trading" card... think of your baseball cards etc, put your name on it and a great fun pic and then your relevant information on the back. My honey hands them out all the time and people really like them.. he also has a character of himself on the front and a real pic of himself on the back.

I actually suggest doing it as a "trading" card... think of your baseball cards etc, put your name on it and a great fun pic and then your relevant information on the back. My honey hands them out all the time and people really like them.. he also has a character of himself on the front and a real pic of himself on the back.

I like the caricature idea. :cool:

A graphic design friend made cards for an electrician, it had cut-outs that looked like the prongs in an electrical outlet. Very cute.

Here are a few tasteful ideas

Back
Top Bottom