Peanuts vs. Almonds

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Which kind of nut is better for you?
No fair looking it up...

:cool:

I'm guessing almonds cause they are much more expensive

Well, technically I believe peanuts are beans, not nuts.
However, I love them both.

But I like almond butter better than peanut butter. No idea which might have more health benefits, but I know nuts in general have way more calories than most people think!

Both are "good" for me. Well as long as you don't have allergies that would be "bad".

Almonds of course. A few years ago did look it up, so call me a cheat:LOL:

What's "good for you" changes by the minute. If you're allergic to peanuts, the answer is obvious, though.

Driving around in northern CA, I couldn't believe how many almond trees they had. Geeze!

Walnuts.

Beer Nuts.

I'd assume almonds, although I eat enough of both to be covered just in case.

Almonds, my husband and I are gluten free. So we eat lots of almond flour.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Almonds are healthier than peanuts. But peanuts are legumes, so it is a trick question.
Walnuts are evidently the healthiest nut of all.
I like all nuts: a good quality can of mixed nuts is heaven! Someone once gave me a can of southern boiled peanuts, which I had never even heard of. Wonderful!

a good quality can of mixed nuts is heaven!
That occasional Brazil nut will pack you full of all the selenium you need too! I won't mention what my grand dad called that type of nut. He was a nut.

Brazil nuts are definitely the outliers in the can of nuts. I'll bet they are not even from Brazil.

I like filberts. Perhaps I like to say the word better than eat the nut. Filberts.

I love nuts. Brazils are my favorite.
Peanuts have to be better for you than almonds. I don't care if the almond growers say different.

Only one of the choices has an association with cyanide, which might be unhealthful....

Oh my. Now I too remember what Brazil nuts were called. It was also my grandpa who used the vile term. Although an educated man his southern racist background came increasingly to the fore in his dotage, embarrassing us to no end.

Peanuts vs. Almonds
Which kind of nut is better for you?
No fair looking it up...

So the answer is the same if the questions was:

Which kind of nut is worse for you?

-ERD50

Before people get too worried about the old name for Brazil nuts, I received a box of mixed nuts as a present when I was in the Air Force in the early 70's. Several of the people in the office gathered around to share. One white girl called them by the name not mentioned and then covered her mouth in embarrassment when she realized what she had said in front of the black girl at her side. The black girl started laughing and said "don't worry , that's what we call them too!".

Back
Top Bottom