Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREmenow

Full time employment: Posting here.
I voted!

[mod note - image removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if I'll bother. Still not retired and would require getting to office late, or leaving early.

Vote early, vote often!
:angel:
I'm waiting until tomorrow.
I'm wondering if it might be interesting with the character of this election.

Vote early, vote often!
:angel:

I voted early. About a 30 minute wait to get to the drop box.

I may vote on election day at each property I have, that I pay the utilities and the utilities are in my name. It should allow another 5-6 votes.

I voted early. About a 30 minute wait to get to the drop box.

I may vote on election day at each property I have, that I pay the utilities and the utilities are in my name. It should allow another 5-6 votes.

presidential votes in your state actually matter....here, not so much

Early voted before we left for Florida. My home state is true blue so whoever I voted for it will not in any way affect the outcome in the award of our electoral college votes.

Last edited:
Voted a couple of weeks ago and put it in the drop box. I'm glad we don't have to go stand in line anymore.

Voted on the first day of early voting here in Texas. I was surprised that there was a line and ~30 min wait. Never saw that before around here. Even on election days the line is usually only 5 mins (if that). I also noticed that the parking lot where we vote was busy every day as we drove by. Very unusual.

Last edited:
I will drop mine off at the neighborhood polling place tomorrow. Don't want anyone opening the ballot early and defacing it because they don't like my choices!

Voted on the first day of early voting here in Texas. I was surprised that there was a line and ~30 min wait. Never saw that before around here. Even on election days the line is only 5 mins. I also noticed that the parking lot where we vote was busy every day as we drove by. Very unusual.

Heard a number somewhere that something like 40% of America will have voted BEFORE election day!

We voted early on 10/27/16. There was an article in our local newspaper that said 30.7 per cent of registered voters, had already voted here.

Voted on the first day of early voting here in Texas. I was surprised that there was a line and ~30 min wait. Never saw that before around here.

That was the case here as well. On the first day of early voting the line was out the door to the sidewalk so we just kept going. We both voted later on but there was still a line inside. Never saw that before here either.

We will vote tomorrow, but there is always a long line here for early voting--last presidential election we waited an hour to early vote. Maybe we don't have as many early voting polling places.

Voted about two weeks ago and it took all of five minutes. I really don't know why more states don't do early voting. If I had to stand in line for hours on end I really wouldn't care to vote.

We will vote tomorrow, but there is always a long line here for early voting--last presidential election we waited an hour to early vote. Maybe we don't have as many early voting polling places.
I can assure you, that you don't have "less" voting places than we do in my county (Unless it's zero). :) The county court house was the only early voting location in our entire county. Of course when the population of your entire county is well under 20,000 people, it is understandable. I guess they didn't anticipate the unusually high turn out.

Last edited:
Voting!!

We decided to vote on Election Day instead of voting early.

There were lines up to 2-3 hours long to vote early, depending on where you live in the New Orleans area. So, we expect the lines tomorrow to be at least that long.

Not only that, it is dark and pouring rain today here with flood watches, and with an 80% chance of rain tomorrow we are likely to get very wet. So, I anticipate standing in line for hours, possibly in the rain. Our polling place is a small branch library so it can get very crowded very quickly. I am sure they will try to line us up inside, but if there are too many voters then lines could extend outside and even down the block.

I am still looking forward to it! What an event. I plan to wear my red, white, and blue, and to take something to sit on and rain gear. We'll see our neighbors and generally it will be such fun to have this opportunity to exercise our right to vote.

:dance: :baconflag: :D

Last edited:
I will vote tomorrow not that my vote matters in NY.

PS early voting should be abolished, then only those who really care would stand in line to vote.

I can assure you, that you don't have "less" voting places than we do in my county (Unless it's zero). :) The county court house was the only early voting location in our entire county. Of course when the population of your entire county is well under 20,000 people, it is understandable. I guess they didn't anticipate the unusually high turn out.

Our county has a little less than a million people with six early voting locations--our town is about the size of your county but it has no early voting location. I know it's hard to staff them so not surprised there are only six. I'm happy to walk to our polling place tomorrow, although I am sure there will be long lines, as there were for the primaries.

In my county, more than half the registered voters have already voted during the early voting days. Despite that, I was able to vote early without any wait at all.

I found out that some places do not have early voting. That's a big shame. I predict those places will have huge lines even as the polls are supposed to be closing and will have to stay open. A big problem with not having early voting is that people have other obligations such as caring for sick and elderly, being out of town at last minute, jobs, commutes, etc. So I have to disagree with folks who say there should be no early voting. Now I might say that people should be able to pass a test on the policy issues, but I don't think that would fly.

Question: Janet Reno of Florida, did she vote early? Do the votes of dead people count?

Last edited:
I miss going to polling stations, but even when they existed in my state, the wait was never that long. I've always been baffled by the long lines I see in news reports.

My state has mail in ballots. No more polling stations. There are some downsides to this model, but from a practical standpoint, it seems to work well.

We will vote on Election Day, most likely between 9 and 11 so we miss the before-work and lunchtime crowd. It's within walking distance (about a mile) so not a big deal.

Although in fact our polling place usually only has a small number of voters, so we would probably be OK at any time.

This election has me thinking more and more about the 80s and Pat Paulsen. His great campaign slogan was "I've upped my standards, now up yours!"

I went the mail in route. Happy to not wait in line tomorrow :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom