May Be a Bloody Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Dow futures tanking, down 750 as of this time.

My prediction is similar to the reaction for Brexit vote. Sharp dip and then rise back, so as REW said, fire sale time!

I thought the stock market had already predicted the results?

Yes buying opportunnity. But there might be some even better ones down the line

I thought the stock market had already predicted the results?

Yes buying opportunnity. But there might be some even better ones down the line

Many have been looking for a buying opportunity. But as you say.....might be more opportunities over the next few weeks.

lol...I love it. Im so glad things are going the way they're going. This is what almost all of the biased major news groups get...they deserve it. I dont care if the market drops 2000 points overnight...im 33...I can ride the wave. Already queued up more money to go into my index funds.

Exactly right. The media missed how angry people were in Britain and they missed how angry they are here.

I disagree...the media knew. They tried to convince the rest of america how great things were going...it didnt work. The cats out of the bag now.

Last edited:
Asian stocks drop like a rock. European stock markets to be opened next.

"Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful"

This will be a V bottom, like Brexit. Nothing bad will happen. Companies will still make money.

Thats what I'm talking about. If your buy order is in for tomorrow you'll be buying on the way down. Unless You have a buy-in price set

What is the best buy strategy if the bottom is uncertain. Could be 5%, 10% or I suppose even 15% - 20%. Since timing the bottom will be impossible, how do you stage the buys? I am a Vanguard index buyer who keeps approximately 30% in equities (allows me to sleep at night better), but it is still a fair amount of money.

What is the best buy strategy if the bottom is uncertain. Could be 5%, 10% or I suppose even 15% - 20%. Since timing the bottom will be impossible, how do you stage the buys? I am a Vanguard index buyer who keeps approximately 30% in equities (allows me to sleep at night better), but it is still a fair amount of money.
If you have plenty of liquid cash then queue up orders every day. Or every other day. It doesnt matter...if it keeps dropping keep buying. Even if its a couple hundred bucks at a time...that will add up to thousands before you know it.

Will be interesting to see what the mortgage market does. Rates went down during Brexit. The feds might have an interesting December meeting.

Buffet says if the market is on sale, buy. If it drops even more, buy. And if it drops again, buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom