Vandalism

Keim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This story might make you laugh: Over the weekend my garage door was vandalized. Someone wrote "shut your dog up" in permanent marker. Mortified that my dog had been a nuisance (first complaint we've heard in about ten years), I checked with a few neighbors to see how bad. All claimed not to notice him. One told me of the new college student tenant across the alley confronting him about his dog. That, and the timing of how new the tenant was gave me a strong suspect. Still, I couldn't be certain. What to do?

Not wanting to act in anger or do anything to an innocent party, I waited a few days. Then I took a sheet of paper and typed in 12pt font, middle of the page:

Woof!​

I left it on his car windshield. If he didn't do it, no harm done. If he did, message sent. I know you did it.

Should be interesting to see if anything else happens.

I got a barking dog story too... my uncle was a cop in LA working nights and his neighbors dog would bark all day long when the owners were away working, he recorded the dog on a continuous tape and played it full blast at the fence line when he went to work, came home one morning and the neighbor says “shut your dog up” my uncles reply was “that’s your GD dog”

This story might make you laugh: Over the weekend my garage door was vandalized. Someone wrote "shut your dog up" in permanent marker. Mortified that my dog had been a nuisance (first complaint we've heard in about ten years), I checked with a few neighbors to see how bad. All claimed not to notice him. One told me of the new college student tenant across the alley confronting him about his dog. That, and the timing of how new the tenant was gave me a strong suspect. Still, I couldn't be certain. What to do?

Not wanting to act in anger or do anything to an innocent party, I waited a few days. Then I took a sheet of paper and typed in 12pt font, middle of the page:

Woof!​

I left it on his car windshield. If he didn't do it, no harm done. If he did, message sent. I know you did it.

Should be interesting to see if anything else happens.

I believe the traditional response is a bag of poo on his porch. Flaming or not is at your discretion :angel:

I once got a letter from the HOA that a neighbor had complained about my dog barking, which I thought was strange because I telecommuted from home for several years and my dog slept by my side most of the day. I asked my neighbors about it and all claimed they never noticed my dog barking. Never heard anything again.

I believe the traditional response is a bag of poo on his porch. Flaming or not is at your discretion :angel:

I considered holding the paper down with poo. But, not certain of guilt...

I got a barking dog story too... my uncle was a cop in LA working nights and his neighbors dog would bark all day long when the owners were away working, he recorded the dog on a continuous tape and played it full blast at the fence line when he went to work, came home one morning and the neighbor says “shut your dog up” my uncles reply was “that’s your GD dog”
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom