Slingshot

Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It looks like my DW 68 is in the market for one of the new Polaris Slingshot 3 wheeled vehicles. 2015 Polaris Slingshot | 3 Wheel Motorcycle - Reverse Trike A few years ago she wanted one of the Can-Am Spyders when they first came out but they were not in the budget at the time. She has a little trouble with the clutch and brake levers on her motorcycle so she figure it could be used to trade-in or sell. Now that she has been retired for 3 years and I for 2 our income is stable compared to our expenses without touching investments. She doesn't ask for jewelry, expensive clothes, or flowers and doesn't drink or smoke. Her only fun expenses are tennis balls and inexpensive tennis clothes. I think it's time to buy a fun toy she would enjoy and we could tour with. I just hope she will let me drive it once in awhile.

It looks like fun at 0 to 60 in 6 seconds and handles like a go-kart.

Cheers!

Sounds like a fun choice to me. Be safe!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

This looks like as much fun as a person can legally have. I've been all kinds of places(Sedona to Jerome, Rocky Mountain National Park. ....) where it would be unreal fun. As you already know, ride safe.

Looks like a lot of fun. If it could carry two sets of golf clubs i would be all over it.

Availability is still a few months away but we should be able to see one in about a month and try out the seating (me - 6'1" and she 5'4") to make sure of the fit. I hope at some point there might be a trailer adaption if we want to take a trip.

Cheers!

Great memories of biking all over the USA with DH. However, let it be known he was on the three wheeler, while I was on the two wheeler!

Been riding since I was six years old, and DH didn't take it up till his mid-40's. My reaction skills are excellent, his less so. The three wheeler was a result of several small spills on his two wheeler. For his safety and my sanity, we moved him to a trike.

It's a wonderful way to see the country, and a wonderful way to spend a day together.

Edit: I'm only 5'3", making finding a two wheeler that I could sit on and flat foot a bit of a challenge. Found the Yamaha V-Star series to be a perfect fit. At just 115 pounds, I can attest that riding is more about balance and control than about brawn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom